Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Rebuilding an old friendship

(3 Posts)
LittleRed321 Fri 17-Feb-17 20:00:38

Me and my oldest friend fell out about 18 months ago, and we haven't spoken since. We're still friends on social media and we have a mutual friend who has told me that she has said she would be willing to rebuild the friendship, but only if I contact her first. I do miss parts of her friendship, but she seems to have moved on a lot with other friendships and I've since moved to another area. Should I send her a message after all of this time? If so, what should I say? hmm

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Fri 17-Feb-17 23:24:49

I had a similar problem and she called me to apologise.

I accepted it and we had a lovely conversation, bump into each other now and then and it's not awkward but due to the fallout- we can never ever go back to how we were.

So if you want to clear the air- speak to her. Apologise if you're at fault. But decide in advance what you want to gain from it.

Neglectedbythesun Fri 17-Feb-17 23:35:52

I've not managed it. I think we'd both like to but when it comes down to it there's too much water under the bridge. We are happy to see each other briefly as acquaintances now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now