Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does real love even exist???

(9 Posts)
User2410 Thu 16-Feb-17 15:54:55

This is a wierd question/post...but me and H are going through a tricky patch. I've posted before about it, basically my H isn't sure if he wants to be with me anymore. Says that we have missed out on too much from having kids early on and isnt sure if we can make each other happy. I'm starting to doubt our whole relationship. Have I been missing something? Is it me? Im just wondering whether maybe this split would be the best....isit meant to be like In films where the love is so strong. Does that last? When someone u love tells u they don't want u it makes u want them so much more it seems. Is that just hormones?
I suppose what I'm wondering is who has met someone after divorce and found that ud been missing out all those years before??

user1465335180 Thu 16-Feb-17 16:39:09

Yes, real love does exist. I married young and divorced pretty quickly (no dc) and was alone for quite a long time. Met a good man in my 30's and we're still going strong 24 years later, he's supported me through bereavements,
and now cancer and I can't imagine my life without him. Never give up hope, you can have a happy ending. Good luck

CrokerCourtbullion Thu 16-Feb-17 17:12:19

Real love does exist but not like in Hollywood films!

FrancesNiadova Thu 16-Feb-17 20:47:48

User1465 flowers

Thinkingofausername1 Thu 16-Feb-17 20:59:43

Starting to wonder to op.

WonderingLover Thu 16-Feb-17 21:01:37

From my standpoint, I've had exes cheating on me constantly or have had men wonder off (hence my username). So I can't honestly say due to how I've felt in my romantic life that I've encountered it. But from seeing others around me have successful routes in their relationship, from seeing them persevere through hard times. From seeing old couples stay together for so long: I can agree that its out there.

MooPointCowsOpinion Thu 16-Feb-17 21:04:34

I think it's a choice you make, that even when time runs the shine off a relationship, that you can choose to stay and work at it if the foundations are there.

I am a pragmatist, and I don't believe in romance or true love or soul mates. I think two fairly compatible people can make it work long term with effort and no-one being an arsehole. That's about it.

textbook Thu 16-Feb-17 21:15:30

I didn't believe in 'true love' or 'soulmates' until I met my current partner. In fact, I've always been hugely cynical about romantic stuff, and would have never believed this time last year that I could be this happy.

Before this, I had been in an unfulfilling and unhappy long term relationship, and had thought that was as good as it could be for me. I was so, so wrong. Never settle for something that doesn't bring you total joy!

User2410 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:24:36

Textbook, how did you meet ur current partner?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now