Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Having a 'friendship' after ONS?

(3 Posts)
user1484539497 Wed 15-Feb-17 22:56:22

Met a man on a dating site in January and after a week of chatting we met and DTD. He's 21, flatshares with friend, goes out every weekend etc. I'm 23 and have been a single mum for a year after a 5year relationship. I didn't think I'd see him again.

We've continued talking but only a few times a week. Last went went to his and had takeaway and DTD. He said we get on ams could be FWB- fine. Since then he's invited me out 3 times even though sex wasn't possible/wouldn't have happened. Is it normal to go out/meet friends in a fwb situation? Do you think it could work?

User7889 Wed 15-Feb-17 23:02:24

if you can establish the boundaries of a FWB relationship with him and you are happy that that is all you want, aware of how you may feel if it goes tits up then give it a go... I like the idea of a FWB arrangement but just know I couldn't get it to work for me!

user1484539497 Wed 15-Feb-17 23:18:45

Yes I suppose everyone has different boundaries. Haven't had a casual thing for years but when I did it was a 'text to meet up weekly ish' thing, not actually being friends iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now