Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Incompatible US!

(5 Posts)
empitness Wed 15-Feb-17 22:13:42

Been married for 7 years. Many ups and downs ( work, money, general but no infidelity) but we carried on. Unfortunately I have been noticing, things are becoming more and more unbearable and this relationship seems like a drain.

DH works very hard but is addicted to cigarettes & weed. He constantly does things that I don't like or things that shouldn't be done. We end up arguing , sometimes for days and he accepts his mistake & we move for sometime but then CYCLE REPEATS.
I am extremely drained and cant cope any longer. I am SAHM and have some mental health issues but nothing that limits me living a normal life. I want to leave but am trying to keep it together for our DD.

He had a dig at me in the morning but apologised and blamed the lack of nicotine for his behaviour. I haven't been able to function, in spite of me trying hard.
I don't know what to do. blush

spankhurst Wed 15-Feb-17 22:16:48

Do you love him? Is there any scope for improvement or do you need to figure out how to end things?

empitness Wed 15-Feb-17 22:35:13

I don't know. I am probably so drained by all this and my mental health issues don't help the cause either. blush

jcne Thu 16-Feb-17 10:01:15

i understand. i don't know how to help but i'm the same. right now I'm just devastated that a perfectly lovely man can't find satisfaction or peace any other way than to drink and use drugs.

empitness Thu 16-Feb-17 11:33:19

flowersFor both you and me. Hope we find a way to sort this. I just feel my life is withering away and I can't do anything to rectify it all.
I have had a very very strong word with him and insisted on seeking help. He has agreed and had a letter from the relevant people come through today. Not sure if he will follow through with his promise confused
Do you think you can do the same? Have you confided in anyone about your problem? Don't worry if you haven't, I know it can be a very hard subject to discuss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now