Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

single mum desperate for some advice....

(4 Posts)
princesscake Wed 15-Feb-17 19:53:55

I am a student nurse with 2 Dd's 10 and 12 years. I decided to go back to school when my husband left 5 years ago. It's been a struggle working whilst studying and now full time work as well as training.
My girls dad doesn't have any input what so ever. He picks them up 2 Sundays in a month and takes them to his mum's and watches football the whole time. Very sad but that's another story but partly why I'm posting.
My eldest Dd is over weight and she often gets called names. She doesnt have a best friend and doesnt like going to school. Her weight has gradually gone on over the last 3 years. I have been so busy trying to better myself to better our life, keep our home I didn't notice until all of a sudden she is now over weight.
Her dad brings this up with her and often critisises what she wears. I don't have much money to buy her the 'in' clothes. Again I feel guilty.
What I am hoping from posting is some advice on how to fit in exercise with her aswell as full time work, study and housework. I'm exhausted to the point of crying all the way home from work just wanting to throw it all away because my dd needs my time but i hAve a mort gage to pay and i have worked so hard to get inot uni. Any advice would be appreciated. I feel so sad as she is so sad.

Bananasandchocolatecustard Wed 15-Feb-17 19:59:38

If you can afford it how about an exercise bike? I bought a folding bike from Argos, cost £99. Your daughter can use it during the week and you could go to the park/ for walks at the weekend. I'm a single parent as well so I know how difficult it is to do everything.

arsenalwatford Wed 15-Feb-17 20:03:43

There's a really great app called 7 minute workout. There's probably a few but the one I use is green and says 7mwc on it. It's literally 7 minutes, different exercises like star jumps, lunges, sit ups etc but it does get your heart going because its basically non stop. I've still got a bit of baby weight but I just don't want to go to the gym. I think this is great cos it's literally 7 mins and I don't even put gym kit on. I make myself do one a day and twice at weekends. It's not gonna revolutionise my fitness but I think ta a good start and it's free smile

princesscake Wed 15-Feb-17 20:11:34

Thankyou both. Just realised I have posed this message twice 🙈
I really can't afford to buy anything. I am so so poor right now. It would be a great idea though, thankyou.
Sounds good. I have just borrowed a davina workout and hoping to do half hour of that. I am always exhausted though. Feel guilty even saying that but just can't explain how tired I get. I question is my training worth this heartache.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now