Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Disappeared profile!

(12 Posts)
POFuserred Wed 15-Feb-17 09:57:18

Chatted to someone on POF and arranged to meet today for a walk, telling each other what cars we each had etc so we can find each other in the car park but I've gone back to the site today and he's gone! His whole profile and messages so I've no way to get in contact. Question is should I still go this afternoon? Bearing in mind there's a hefty car park charge!

MothButterfly Wed 15-Feb-17 09:59:00

Is it a busy type of place? I would be wary of meeting someone for the first time for a quiet walk?

RaeofSun Wed 15-Feb-17 10:00:41

Sounds like he may have got caught out cheating?

FatCatFaces Wed 15-Feb-17 10:02:45

I wouldn't confused

POFuserred Wed 15-Feb-17 10:26:34

Yes I wondered about cheating... it is a busy place so I'm not worried about safety. Hmmm looks like I'll give it a miss then! God this OD thing is pretty tedious isn't it? I'm only on my 7 th date so I think my expectations may be too high!!

RaeofSun Wed 15-Feb-17 10:58:30

The dating thread is full of advice, humour and strength smile

POFuserred Wed 15-Feb-17 11:09:49

Yes! - thank you....I need to get on it!!

category12 Wed 15-Feb-17 11:29:22

I am not sure it was that wise to tell him about your car. Surely it would have been more safe to say you would meet at an obvious landmark or the ticket machine? That way if you change your mind or scarper early, you don't have the anxiety of him recognising your car elsewhere. He could have been a weirdo instead of a no-show.

TheNaze73 Wed 15-Feb-17 11:48:35

He's either taken himself off the market as he likes you, or because he's been caught. Sadly. My gut instinct is that it's not the former

TheNaze73 Wed 15-Feb-17 11:48:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

POFuserred Wed 15-Feb-17 11:55:16

It's fine I only told him the make and colour- and it's a very common one!! Anyway no worries as I'm not going to show and yes I think I agree with you Naze!

Ineedmorelemonpledge Wed 15-Feb-17 12:22:50

No, don't go. Either he's been caught doing something he shouldn't, or he's a fake profile being worked from an Internet cafe in Kenya.

The more I see if my friends getting upset by OLD the more I agree with another wise old sage friend...you like someone - you arrange to take a coffee in the next few days.

Give them 30 minutes at Costa and take it from there. If they can't/won't just write them off.

Some of the evenings one of my friends spends texting and romancing with someone he's never met, falling headlong into it and then finding out it's all fake. Awful feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now