Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

xDH is being charged for historic violence against me

(9 Posts)
rosiemorag Wed 15-Feb-17 09:56:38

I called the police a few weeks ago after xDH showed up to my house to demand access to the kids outwith his normal hours. By the time they arrived he had left but I was an anxious mess. I ended up giving them a statement about our relationship and instances of when he'd been physically abusive.

I left him a few months ago due to this and also his binge drinking.

The police called today to say he'd been detained and would be charged. I'm in Scotland.

Does anyone have any experience of recording historic abuse like this? There are no direct witnesses to anything. I really didn't think they'd have enough to charge him at all.
I am really scared at how angry I'll have made him but I know that's just the victim in me.

I'm just looking for any advice or help about what to expect or what might happen next.

Carollocking Wed 15-Feb-17 10:05:28

Sorry I can't help advice but my heart is with you

BastardGoDarkly Wed 15-Feb-17 10:07:09

I don't know the process either, just wanted to offer a hand hold, you did the right thing, it'll be ok flowers

Ineedmorelemonpledge Wed 15-Feb-17 12:29:39

https://www.victimsupportsco.org.uk/help-for-victims/

Perhaps give these a call OP, for support on the process and expectations, and also some RL morale?

rosiemorag Wed 15-Feb-17 14:10:39

Thanks for your support and the link, I'll check it out.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 15-Feb-17 14:19:31

Well done on telling them.
Ensure they keep you informed on when he is released etc....
The police DV team should also support you now so ensure you get that.
Hope they have it in Scotland!? It's usually better there I believe.

rosiemorag Wed 15-Feb-17 19:34:39

Update: nothing is happening regarding him being charged. he was detained yesterday and the PF decided there was insufficient evidence to go to court today so he was released.
I'm absolutely gutted.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 15-Feb-17 19:38:27

Oh that's crap. I'm so sorry.
I've no idea what happens now.
Chin up. Keep going and keep strong.

Carollocking Wed 15-Feb-17 20:41:41

If like England you'll need get a restraining order now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now