Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would this be terrible?

(4 Posts)
Dineoutone Tue 14-Feb-17 21:22:55

If I singed an employment contract due to start in 2 months, and found a better job in the meantime and so had to tell job 1 I no longer wanted it....

Not strictly a relationship topic but I've always had such m good advice when posting here!

MrsExpo Tue 14-Feb-17 21:35:33

Well, maybe a bit of a pain for employer no. 1, but you have to do what's best for you. How will you feel in , say, 6 months time when you're doing job 1 instead of job 2 and wishing you were somewhere else. I say go for job 2 if it's really a better option, but tell job 1 as soon as possible to give them a chance to re-fill the role.

Dineoutone Tue 14-Feb-17 21:39:08

I'm worried any potential new place wouldn't want me if they found out...

Dadaist Tue 14-Feb-17 22:01:38

It happens and no one will think you've done the wrong thing looking back - employer 1 will find someone else and move on - employer 2 will take it as a win and no one else will be that bothered. Do what's best for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now