Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is this ok? (New guy, not sure)

(182 Posts)
Princessmollygolly Mon 13-Feb-17 14:38:27

Quick straw poll: Guy you're seeing for 6 weeks, sleeping with etc, goes away for a (female) friend's birthday weekend (apparently about 8 people there, old uni friends.) Gets tagged in a photo naked in a hot tub wth also naked girl (another female "friend") Looking very cosy. Alcohol everywhere.
Is that ok?
Thoughts..?

Gladysmum Mon 13-Feb-17 14:42:21

No that's not ok

Justmuddlingalong Mon 13-Feb-17 14:42:35

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Are you comfortable with it?

ImperialBlether Mon 13-Feb-17 14:43:11

No, that would be it for me. He has the right to do it, just as you have the right not to want someone who does that.

TataEs Mon 13-Feb-17 14:43:55

all of them?
or just girl and him?

Princessmollygolly Mon 13-Feb-17 14:44:08

No... the way this girl tagged him it was like she wanted it to be known about, I sort of thought she might be an old FWB from uni or something as he told me about other people attending but she was the one he left out.
I just feel a bit :/ about it. He looks like the cat with the cream!

Princessmollygolly Mon 13-Feb-17 14:45:16

It was him and her pretty close then another girl some distance away. That sounds silly but it wasn't like a big group thing.....

AyeAmarok Mon 13-Feb-17 14:45:25

It wouldn't be OK with me, not necessarily because it's cheating, but because it's not particularly classy behaviour, is it, so I'd realise that he's not my kinda guy...

Foxysoxy01 Mon 13-Feb-17 14:46:24

That would be a complete deal breaking for me! neither of them have any self respect at all!

The most important thing is tho what do you feel about it?

FetchezLaVache Mon 13-Feb-17 14:48:25

What AyeAmarok said.

Princessmollygolly Mon 13-Feb-17 14:57:51

Thing is it feels like we are moving towards coupledom, but because we haven't had the exclusivity chat or whatever, I don't know if it's a bit intense of me to feel not ok with him doing that. If I raised it I feel like he would be nonplussed as they are all old uni friends. He clearly didn't think it would be an issue for me, as when I asked how the weekend was he was all "champagne and hot tub.. good times" But I am working on trying to have better boundaries/values in relationships and this photo the girl posted has bothered me. I am so out of the dating loop though that I don't want to be the possessive weirdo. I just don't know how to address this.

LanaorAna1 Mon 13-Feb-17 14:59:21

No.

LosingDory Mon 13-Feb-17 14:59:45

Naked hot tub...not ok at all

pigeondujour Mon 13-Feb-17 14:59:53

neither of them have any self respect at all!

Quite a conclusion to reach 🤔

Princessmollygolly Mon 13-Feb-17 15:00:56

I obv don't have proof of complete nudity! Just unlike the other girl she doesn't have visible bikini straps. And they are very close.. it's just an awkward photo :/
I slept with him like the night before and it makes me feel a bit yuck

AyeAmarok Mon 13-Feb-17 15:01:27

You're not comfortable with it. You don't need to say it's because you're being possessive or jealous or whatever, just that you two are not on the same page.

Same if he was a drug taker or mad gambler. Some people might be fine with it, It might not be illegal, but it's just not your cup of tea.

Don't settle for someone just for the sake of having "someone" in the boyfriend role.

Lofari Mon 13-Feb-17 15:02:48

I think I'd be tempted to ask him how he'd feel if the roles were reversed. Not sure he'd like seeing that pic of you in the hot tub with 2 blokes.......

Hotwaterbottle1 Mon 13-Feb-17 15:05:27

She could have strapless on & him trunks?

Princessmollygolly Mon 13-Feb-17 15:06:12

Yes possibly. Does that make a difference though? I still feel weird

Hotwaterbottle1 Mon 13-Feb-17 15:07:46

What else would they wear in a hot tub?? I've been away with friends & been in the hot tub, male & female, there was nothing at all going on!!

Princessmollygolly Mon 13-Feb-17 15:09:03

This is the thing hotwaterbottle. I don't want to be paranoid. I just do feel off.

Hotwaterbottle1 Mon 13-Feb-17 15:09:59

I think you need to make a jokey comment about it & see his reaction perhaps?

TheElephantofSurprise Mon 13-Feb-17 15:13:33

You hardly know him.
He's made you feel uncomfortable about having slept with him.
You know what to do.

Twistmeandturnme Mon 13-Feb-17 15:15:16

Can you see any of the other pictures taken in the hot tub?
It looks to me like a lairy uni mates reunion rather than anything sinister, especially as the other girl in the tub is clearly wearing a bikini.
At least your jealousy is helping to confirm that you really like him. Perhaps it's time to have that talk OP?

TheNaze73 Mon 13-Feb-17 15:15:18

If you approached me on this & a) You didn't know for certain that they were naked & b) You weren't even exclusive yet & c) It had been only 6 weeks, I'd think you were being hard work. The only opinion that matters though is yours, so if it irks you, end it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now