Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Tinder

(30 Posts)
lulalullabye Sun 12-Feb-17 05:08:13

I need a bit of advice. I had made the decision after 13 years of marriage that I wanted to leave. No love, intimacy etc etc. I told my dh and he understood, said he wanted to try again etc etc. I know that this won't work. I've felt like this for a long time.
Anyway at work the other day a girl that I work with came to speak to me and told me she had seen his picture and profile on Tinder.
He denied it. My question is and I probably know the answer, he has to be lying right??? There is no other way his picture would be in there. It's a selfie quite obviously and taken within the last month I think.
Any thoughts would be great!

Missbohan Sun 12-Feb-17 05:11:37

Go on tinder and check? Assuming if he was / is on it he hasn't deleted. Sounds like he was - if he knows you want to end the marraige maybe he is testing the waters to see how he would go about starting again if you do leave

lulalullabye Sun 12-Feb-17 05:18:39

I think this was before I told him. I don't recognise the background in the picture. He recently visited his mum for 10 days, we live overseas and I think it was her house. I think he had probably deleted it. I will find a friend who has it and get them to check although he will have deleted it by now! I told him I had the screenshot, he didn't even ask too see the picture. If that was me and I was innocent I would have demanded to see a picture of myself!

Missbohan Sun 12-Feb-17 05:21:42

So you've seen the screenshot then you know he has been on it? How else would person who told you have been able to screenshot the picture? And more imporantly, in that case, how can he deny it? Sounds fairly obvious to me op sorry flowers

lulalullabye Sun 12-Feb-17 06:53:02

I know, just wanted to confirm it. I know he knows that I know and I had already made the decision and told him, when I got this information. I am more pissed off that he denied it than he did it.

Missbohan Sun 12-Feb-17 14:34:34

Fair enough, but he knows it was wrong so it isn't likely he will ever admit it. Was very shitty of him though - obviously!

RestlessTraveller Sun 12-Feb-17 15:23:24

If you've split up and you don't want to try again I fail to see why it's any of your business.

LesisMiserable Sun 12-Feb-17 15:39:57

I'm struggling to see what the problem is if you want to split up as well? You might see it as him taking no time whatsoever to grieve over the relationship and moving straight on - which is fairly typical of men to be honest, not because they're heartless bastards but because their ego is at it's most delicate when they've affectively been rejected by their partner and so looking for immediate validation from other women - on tinder in this case - is not uncommon.

The question is why do you care? If you still hold some sexual jealousy over him perhaps all is not lost and it's just communication that has broken down?

lulalullabye Sun 12-Feb-17 20:14:52

We hadn't split up at this point. I had told him I didn't want to be with him any more the day before and I was told he had been on tinder 12 hrs later by a girl from work who took the screen shot a week before. Does that make sense? So basically she took the picture a week before I told him I didn't want to be with him anymore.

LesisMiserable Sun 12-Feb-17 20:57:16

It makes perfect sense, yes. Presumably when you told him you didn't want to be with anymore things hadn't been good for a while - knowing what you know now you're making the right decision flowers

Happybunny19 Sun 12-Feb-17 21:00:49

I'm also struggling to understand why it's a problem if you already decided you wanted to end the relationship. He probably sensed you'd checked out already. He's entitled to move on when he likes now he's single.

lulalullabye Mon 13-Feb-17 01:33:36

It's not a problem. We were together when he did it and he denied it. It's the final nail in the coffin for me and at no point did I say it was a problem. The fact that he had his profile on tinder before we had a talk about splitting up was the issue and the fact that he denied it.

RaeofSun Mon 13-Feb-17 07:25:55

OP, sorry you had to find out he has obviously been looking but good on your friend for being honest with you about the picture. He could have instigated the discussion before signing up to Tinder.

As you said, final nail? You will find happiness and now you know the truth about him.

lulalullabye Mon 13-Feb-17 09:57:07

Thanks Rae, I am trying to do things day by day si he gets used to it. We have two kids so is important to make it as amicable as possible. He would be happy to stay in the house in the same room but that wouldn't work for anybody. We also live overseas do not near family etc etc do important that he remains good with the kids etc.

Adora10 Mon 13-Feb-17 12:09:35

Honestly the amount of couples I know who have found their partners on dating sites is unbelievable and yes even posting their pic!

Well now you know you've done the right thing OP, there's every chance he's been on it for a while too; the girl told you in good faith I'm sure.

lulalullabye Mon 13-Feb-17 14:27:23

Adora, I am forever grateful to get!

lulalullabye Mon 13-Feb-17 22:32:03

Sorry 'her'

Gallavich Mon 13-Feb-17 22:33:12

You can't get on tinder by accident

lulalullabye Tue 14-Feb-17 02:20:51

Exactly gallavich! As much as he denies it I know it's all bollocks!

EmilyRosanne Tue 14-Feb-17 11:29:21

I had similar with my ex. I think men and women deal with the break up differently generally. Particularly when it was your decision to leave I think they feel hurt/insecure and want to have their ego massaged by going on one of these sites and having people tell them how good looking they are or just to test the waters to see what it will be like if/when you split.

For me (started as trial separation) I was actually sort of relieved as it gave me that final push to leave, knowing that instead of trying to make our family work/sort our issues, he selfishly just wanted to look elsewhere.

Hopefullyoneday1 Tue 14-Feb-17 11:38:01

As others have said you were splitting up anyway. I know you say this happened while you were still together, but could this be your just miffed by the fact he already knew in his own mind that the end was near and effectively 'got in there before you'

lulalullabye Tue 14-Feb-17 18:56:53

Thanks for all your responses but as I said earlier, I am not miffed and it's not a massive problem, I just wanted to clarify in my mind the situation. Although I agree he may have realised before I told him that the marriage wss over he could have waited a little while longer.

Montane50 Tue 14-Feb-17 19:19:37

He denies it? So what! You've started the process of splitting, fgs dont become one of those awful ex partners who just can't quite let go!
Stop seeking drama or justification in this.

EmilyRosanne Tue 14-Feb-17 19:39:50

I for one think you are justified in feeling hurt. It's really hard after a break up, even if you have instigated it, to watch them move on quickly. Although obviously you don't have a right to say anything to him but it's natural to feel hurt that after a long relationship he is/has moved on.

lulalullabye Tue 14-Feb-17 21:04:46

Thanks for the friendly advice montane. If you have read all of the thread you will see that I am definitely not the person you talk ofsmile. After 10 yrs on mumsnet I can now see why people get pissed off with the rude, unhelpful and clearly hurtful comments that other posters post.
I thought the reason for mumsnet was to share advice and also accept advice but in a friendly environment. I have to say that after all this time this has been the first experience I personally have had with this behavior. Dramatic I am definitely not and I actually feel quite relieved that he did this before we spilt. Also to clarify, NOT ONCE HAVE I SAID IT BOTHERS ME.
Ok, rant over, have a good day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now