Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feeling low about an ex

(6 Posts)
alazuli Sat 11-Feb-17 21:09:35

Found out today that my ex has moved to Australia with his wife. It's not that I want him back - even when I was with him I felt something was missing - but I feel like he has the life I would like. Travelling a lot, living abroad by the sea etc.

Also he was last man I loved and I thought by now 5 years on I would have found someone else to love but I'm not even close. Meanwhile, he found someone pretty much straight away and married her.

Anyway, can I get some inspirational stories from people who have gone on to find someone better please? I can't believe he's the only man I'm going love in my life. I've been very patient so far but hurry up the next one!

alazuli Mon 13-Feb-17 00:22:49

anyone? smile

Mrspotatohead18 Mon 13-Feb-17 00:30:44

I can't give you an inspirational story as I don't have one, I just wanted to say I felt the same when I broke off my LTR 2 years ago. I don't want him back, he was my first love and will always be special. But I found out he had a girlfriend pretty quickly afterwards, and he's a few years older than me and will be keen to settle. I know the babies/moving In together is inevitable. And I know it's going to kill me even though I don't want him myself!

It's shit OP. Try to do things that make you happy. Can't you go and travel yourself?

frogsgoladidahdidah Mon 13-Feb-17 00:37:06

If you are unhappy about your life, change it. It really is as simple/complicated as you allow it to be.

You only get one life...

alazuli Mon 13-Feb-17 00:44:41

Mrspotatohead18 - I have also been travelling myself but I would love to do more and with someone special! Although I remember when I used to go on holiday with this ex, he would annoy me so much after a while, ha.

frogs - you're right except mine is quite complicated atm. My mum died, my reaction to that was to buy a house I didn't even really want only to realise I'd rather go travelling for 6 months. Will just have to wait for the fix to end I guess! I guess I'm just feeling a bit low in general.

Happybunny19 Mon 13-Feb-17 12:08:19

Rent your house out and use the profit to fund travelling again. Just because you've bought a house doesn't mean you have to feel stuck living in it. And stop checking what your ex is doing, it's not helping your low mood.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now