Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Hurt

(11 Posts)
Dogegg33 Sat 11-Feb-17 20:36:01

My husband and I have had a great day; lunch out and a few drinks. Then had an argument when he threw the remote control at my head and knocked over a drink. Feel like he was goading me in to the argument. Kids witnessed the incident and asked him to stop, now crying and upset.
Is this it? Do I leave? Want to stay in my home.

Happybunny19 Sat 11-Feb-17 20:59:22

Seems very melodramatic over a spilt drink. Unless this is a regular occurrence your reaction seems well OTT. Too much drinking in the afternoon or abusive OH is hard to establish from your OP.

Lavinia28 Sat 11-Feb-17 21:01:38

Did he do this on purpose or was it an accident?

Secretlife0fbees Sat 11-Feb-17 21:02:02

Did he throw the remote on purpose as a result of your argument or did he throw it and then you had an argument because it hit you?

KateDaniels2 Sat 11-Feb-17 21:03:03

He threw the remote at your head?

What happened? Thats totally unacceptable.

Why do feel he was goading you? Can you explain more?

AtrociousCircumstance Sat 11-Feb-17 21:05:34

Your reaction is not OTT.

He sounds very aggressive and that is not ok.

Dogegg33 Sat 11-Feb-17 21:06:53

He threw it at my head deliberately as he didn't agree with me. Was then standing next to me shouting- no space.
I've had such a crappy week at work was stressed and upset yesterday now he's taking the mick saying I can't cope.

Lavinia28 Sat 11-Feb-17 21:16:30

May I ask if this was something that happened just once or did something like this happen before?

Dogegg33 Sat 11-Feb-17 21:17:08

Been building up

EmilyRosanne Sat 11-Feb-17 21:23:14

It's not melodramatic or OTT he threw a remote at her head?!

The fact he deliberately hurt you because you were arguing, did not care that your DC were watching would be enough for me to leave.

Happybunny19 Sat 11-Feb-17 22:06:34

No if he deliberately threw anything at you he's an abusive idiot. Is this something he does regularly when faced with an argument?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now