Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

In this age of social media how do you move on?

(5 Posts)
WhatBecomesOfUs Fri 10-Feb-17 21:33:17

From someone you love?

I mean I guess in the old days you broke up, you may have had some printed photos, memories. You might have bumped into each other.

But now it seems there are so many outlets people connect that it's hard to break away.

I've lost someone I love so much. So very much and they've gone NC with me.

But I'm finding it so hard to walk away when they have so many social media outlets they post on.

I get Facebook memories with things we did the year before. I can see what they are doing.

They look happy.

Whilst I'm devestated.

I know the simple answer is TURN OFF THE INTERNET grin

But in reality when you are heartbroken it's not that easy. The temptation to look is too great.

Peace0fmind Fri 10-Feb-17 21:35:08

flowers yes things are more difficult now

thegoodnameshadgone Fri 10-Feb-17 21:40:06

I deleted Facebook it's just a way to torture yourself

whostolethesocks Fri 10-Feb-17 21:50:12

I've blocked my ex so I can't see what he's posted now on FB but torture myself everyday by looking at the 'on this day'. All those memories come back. It makes me very sad.sad

happypoobum Fri 10-Feb-17 22:04:01

I just blocked him and any mutual friends.

If you continue to look at his social media you are self harming. Rip the plaster off, block him and move on flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now