Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Friends ignoring me after break up

(8 Posts)
Polarbearflavour Fri 10-Feb-17 11:48:47

I'm feeling really hurt. Broke up with my partner.

One of my "close" friends has sent me 2 texts in 6 weeks. One of them saying that I need to stay single for at least a year! I've known her 19 years.

Another friend ignored me and began Facebooking my ex saying can she go round for sex - she has been blocked!

I have a handful of other close friends who have been very supportive but I still feel stung by my friend ignoring me - not sure what to do?

needmoregin Fri 10-Feb-17 13:30:35

She facebooked your ex to see if he fancied sex ? Who does that !

Ilovecaindingle Fri 10-Feb-17 13:33:30

Time to find new friends never mind a new bf!! Make some plans and have a great fresh start! flowers

HarmlessChap Fri 10-Feb-17 14:14:14

I'm sorry to break it to you but you are mistaken, those 2 people are not friends.

Concentrate on your real friends and ignore those 2.

evensmilingmakesmyfacehurt Fri 10-Feb-17 14:19:06

Who on earth facebooks someone asking for sex? Are you adults?

These people aren't your friends. Cut your losses, go find some new ones

Huskylover1 Fri 10-Feb-17 14:21:23

Oh dear, I feel your pain.

When I split with ExH, my friends (of over 20 years), didn't call me once to see how I was. My "best" friend slept with him, before I'd even left the marital home.

The friends who were distant, I didn't cut them out, but my affection for them has all but gone.

My "best" friend, I wouldn't piss on, if she was on fire, quite frankly. I've never spoken to her since, and honestly I wouldn't care if she dropped down dead tomorrow. Please don't ever speak to your "friend" who offered sex to him, ever again! For one thing, you could never trust her around your next Partner. Obviously, your next Partner should have the morals to refuse any advances, but imo you would have no control over what shit she might tell him about you (true or lies). Cut her out completely.

Pocketsaviour Fri 10-Feb-17 14:34:00

Another friend ignored me and began Facebooking my ex saying can she go round for sex - she has been blocked

Who has told you this?

Tenshidarkangel Fri 10-Feb-17 16:52:00

Sounds like you're better off without either to be honest!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now