Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Give me a kick someone...

(11 Posts)
Nijinksy Sun 05-Feb-17 21:05:11

Just been cleaning up some old stuff...found a photograph of myself 7 years ago before I split for Ex H ....can't belive how much I have aged...gone grey...certainly fatter and now don't have 2 pennies to rub together....(actually its I have minus hundreds at the end of each month). Ex now with OW ...10 years younger than me.... he's taking her on all the holidays etc that we had planned years ago. I suppose it's just a bad day....but feel really old and dowdy...can't afford gym...even going to the hairdresser is beyond my means at the moment. I just feel like he's shit coming up roses all the time.. I know I am jealous....fgs I just need to get on with it ...but it just gets me how far I have let myself go....and believe me he loves it (via kids...oh your mums not looking great is she?). Sick of this!

MrsHathaway Sun 05-Feb-17 21:07:06

It's just a bad day, yes.

You've shed twelve stone of faithless wanker.

She might be going on sunny holidays but she's with someone she knows to be capable of infidelity.

gin

beelover Sun 05-Feb-17 21:10:09

flowers these are for you. I bet you don't look half as bad as you think you do. Just keep picturing the look on ex's face when he has spent all his money on OW and she dumps him for a younger version. He won't be feeling quite so smug then.

MrsGPie1974 Sun 05-Feb-17 21:44:23

MrsHathawaysmile loved that about shedding the wanker!

Make 2017 about you then. It's hard but you can do it!

Nijinksy Sun 05-Feb-17 21:48:28

Thank you just what I needed....how you know he was 12 stone? Ha! made me laugh and I haven't done that all dayx

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 05-Feb-17 22:00:30

OP, if you really can't afford the hairdressers at the moment, go along to the nearest hairdressing college, you can get it cut, coloured and blow waved, either for free, or low cost , if you agree to being a supervised hair model.
Also, it's only natural to go through the emotions, that you are at the moment, but you're still young, you can lose weight, but best of all, you're free ! He who laughs last, laughs longest, springs to mind.😄🌺🍷

SandyY2K Sun 05-Feb-17 22:08:52

Sorry you're feeling low.

You can always go power walking/walking to keep fit. There are some cheap gyms as well. Puregym is one. Membership starts from £14.99 a month depending where you live. That includes the classes as well.

Sometimes hairdressing training colleges are looking for students to practice on (under supervision). The beauty trainees also do manicures and pedicures etc.

A lot also comes from positive thinking and picking yourself up.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 06-Feb-17 10:40:56

How are you today Nijinsky ?

Cricrichan Mon 06-Feb-17 11:11:41

Hi lovely

There are lots of YouTube exercise videos you can do in your living room. Google Joe wicks. He does fab short hiit sessions and you can follow his eating principles and lose weight (look up Facebook support pages).

Nijinksy Mon 06-Feb-17 18:31:54

Hi lovely...thanks for asking ....Ok ....meeting up with Ex on Wednesday as still not divorced yet...he's just asked for it (having refused point blank for the last 4 years).....laughable....he wants to do a no money settlement as he wants to give all the 'money' to our kids.. off to solicitor tomorrowx

Nijinksy Mon 06-Feb-17 18:37:31

Sorry posted on wrong page....!!! Not feeling great...but thankful for all the support I have received from everyone....thank you SO much for asking...it really means a lot. Off to solicitor tomorrow to get advice as Ex wants meeting this week to talk about divorce.....(long overdue)....he knows I have no money, so wants to do divorce over internet...just waiting for confirmation that he wants no money settlement...suppose its so he can pay for all of those holidays!x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now