Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What to do?

(2 Posts)
Summersunandflowers Sun 05-Feb-17 09:01:34

Hi, just want to ask for some advice. I've come to the end of a years treatment for breast cancer. My husband has been ok throughout although I've always needed to lean on my sister, mum and dad for support. When I was recovering from chemo he was unable to look after the children and get stuff done. I always did as much as I could. Got shopping in the day before chemo, looked after the kids as much as I possibly could, still organised all of the day to day household. I could never witch off and leave any 'thinking' to him. Even after operations I've had to get on with doing stuff. Even if he's asked to do something he'll forget and not do it. He spends hours reading about politics/thinking about academic things but does not think about our family at all. I'm sad and feel so angry when I'm around him as I can't rely on him for support, I can't rely on him. He is charming and good to talk to. We have been together for over 20 years but I just feel angry around him as I just feel unsupported. Even small things annoy me disproportionately and I find myself getting really angry and ranting. I feel rubbish but I am so frustrated inside. What shall I do? Thanks for reading.

User446 Sun 05-Feb-17 11:22:41

I'm sorry you are going through this. Have you tried to discuss this with him? My partner is naturally very forgetful, but has good intentions so I suggested he keep a diary and when he needs to remember things (ie. on Fridays put the rubbish bins out) he will write it in there. This seems to work for him but your partner would have to want to help out in the first place?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now