Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.


(8 Posts)
khs70 Sat 04-Feb-17 22:56:21

My partner would like us to move house by the end of this year, he has told me that I've got to pay the solicitors fees. We have a child, I work full time in a nursery, I love my job but my monthly wage isn't a lot and it goes into our joint account and basically helps with household costs. My partner is a construction manager and has his own business account he's putting pressure on me but I feel it's completely unfair, I would be grateful for any advice x

AshesandDust Sat 04-Feb-17 23:04:06

Why have you got to pay the solicitor's fees?

elephantoverthehill Sat 04-Feb-17 23:07:17

Do you want to move house?

madcatwoman61 Sun 05-Feb-17 00:16:57

If he wants to move house, he should pay the fees! Why are you moving house? Is it a joint decision?

User446 Sun 05-Feb-17 02:40:32

If your money is put into the same account why is he asking you specifically to pay the fees? Does he have an issue with how much money you earn and if so is this an ongoing problem for him?

OopsDearyMe Sun 05-Feb-17 03:11:55

Get you're own account for one thing

tobedo Sun 05-Feb-17 03:49:20

Will the house be in joint names? Do you have personal savings?

Not enough information OP.

BitOutOfPractice Sun 05-Feb-17 08:59:37

If you're partners, the money is joint

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: