Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Freedom programme online...

(12 Posts)
TwoNoisyBoys Sat 04-Feb-17 21:01:10

I posted this in Chat yesterday (so it disappeared) but had no replies, so I'm trying here now!
I can't get to my local freedom programme because I work full time and it's on a Wednesday morning. I'm considering doing it online but I was just wondering if anyone had done it and if they'd mind sharing their experience please?

TwoNoisyBoys Sun 05-Feb-17 19:32:24

Hopeful Sunday evening bump.....

SecondsLeft Sun 05-Feb-17 19:42:40

I haven't, but have heard good things. I guess its like other online learning - you need to commit to doing it, even when you don't feel like it or it makes you feel a bit raw.

TwoNoisyBoys Sun 05-Feb-17 19:50:35

Thank you Seconds.....that's a very good point about committing to it even though it's raw and painful. I think that's what I'm so worried about. I wonder if the benefits outweigh the pain of going through it.

Beelzebop Sun 05-Feb-17 21:21:16

I think it would be worth a try.

LinManWellWellWell Sun 05-Feb-17 21:27:25

I want to the online one but can't work out how to pay for it without him finding out!

Beelzebop Sun 05-Feb-17 21:40:44

Could you use a prepaid Visa card?

Beelzebop Sun 05-Feb-17 21:42:12

I kind of think that it should be free online, but obviously the funding isn't there. I know that it seems a small amount of money, but it isn't for some and as you have shown there may be problems caused by trying to pay anonymously. Xx🙁

Beelzebop Sun 05-Feb-17 21:42:37

I kind of think that it should be free online, but obviously the funding isn't there. I know that it seems a small amount of money, but it isn't for some and as you have shown there may be problems caused by trying to pay anonymously. Xx🙁

LinManWellWellWell Sun 05-Feb-17 21:48:53

I think I may ask a friend to help order it. Sorry for the diversion!!

CactusFred Sun 05-Feb-17 21:50:11

I can't believe you have to pay for the course online! Surely having a payment record/ internet history is a risk anyway?

Does the local provider only do that one morning?

I used to work for an org that had the contract for our county and always felt services were geared towards people who don't work - same as refuges.

Anyway. Not helpful. Just wanted to say it seems unfair and suggest asking a friend to pay for it for you if you give them the money?

TwoNoisyBoys Tue 07-Feb-17 19:47:56

Yes, it's only available on a Wednesday morning locally, and I just can't do that with working full time. I'm not in a relationship anymore, but having made two absolutely disasterous choices in the two men I've had relationships men since my divorce five years ago, I realise I need to step away and reassess how I view men and much more importantly myself. I'm pretty much terrified because it's clear that my judgement is absolutely knackered! Thank you for your replies 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now