Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Valentine's Day Gifts ideas

(8 Posts)
RedHeadMumma Fri 03-Feb-17 19:40:29

Hello everyone, I'm really struggling to think of a gift for my partner and was wondering what you all where giving your partners this year? I find buying gift for men is so difficult, so I was wondering what your ideas for valentines were this year ? flowers

Shoxfordian Fri 03-Feb-17 23:01:50

I'm getting tickets to a wine tasting event for me and the boyfriend

Also cooking him dinner on Valentine's Day

How long have you been together redhead?

RedHeadMumma Sat 04-Feb-17 08:33:37

3 years now, he's the kinda person that if he want something he'll buy it so he doesn't really want anything. We're both 18 as well 😊

wobblywonderwoman Sat 04-Feb-17 08:35:23

If he has everything he needs, definately go for an experience. So tickets or voucher for a meal or cocktail bar.

HarmlessChap Sat 04-Feb-17 12:25:11

Depends what he's into.

Any gigs coming up he might like?
Any sporting events?
Segway, quad biking, track day?
TV programs he'd like to be in the studio audience for?
Trip to a beer or cider festival?

A friend bought her BF (who is into anime) tickets to comic con one year (plus travel and accommodation for the pair of them) they went up in costume and had a blast.

Emboo19 Sat 04-Feb-17 13:05:12

I don't usually buy for valentines tbh and I hate gifts for the sake of something for any occasion, I've never bought best dad mugs or calendars or any of that stuff!!
My boyfriends really into music, I've got him the odd vinyl or gig tickets (tend to ask him about these, as we've bought the same ones before now!) like your boyfriend he tends to buy what he wants/needs though! I do feel bad as he's such a good gift buyer and always spends way more on me!
Depending on how much you want to spend, I'd go with either a meal or tickets to something he'd like!

TheNewMrsGeraldButler Sat 04-Feb-17 13:13:18

My DP is also difficult to buy for. I'm getting him some of his favourite chocolates and a gift card for the Vue or Odeon. He's been very busy/stressed in work, getting us moved into our new place and picking up the slack as I'm struggling with late pregnancy. There's loads of films coming out in the next few months so thought it'd be nice to get him a cinema voucher for him to have a night out with friends.

ForestDad Sat 11-Feb-17 22:51:54

Suggested a 2nd hand Dyson for Valentines, Mrs FD suggested that that be our "joint" valentine's gift. How sad are we?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now