Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

help me reassure my children

(5 Posts)
Shakemyfaith Fri 03-Feb-17 18:25:33

hey all
really need some help. For reasons i cant go into. i have had to stop contact completely between the children and their dad. This has resulted in him as predicted showing up at my door despite my text and past histort, the police were called as planned.
Now i have one scared child and i cant relax myself properly to show them everything is okay. Im hyper alert even though im acting like im okay.

any advice would be gratefully received?

thanks

PaterPower Fri 03-Feb-17 19:57:39

Didn't want to read and run but, although I have experience of an abusive relationship (including her being arrested by the Police) there were no kids involved, TG.

Is there anyone you can get to come and keep you company? Or is there anywhere else (he's unlikely to know about, like a friend's place) that you can pop over to for tonight?

Are you going to have issues with the contact pickup? Was that supposed to be as part of a CAO?

keepingonrunning Sat 04-Feb-17 01:22:59

Trying putting on a film to distract all of you and snuggle with your DC and a blanket. The process of making hot chocolate together might be therapeutic. They will be reassured by lots of hugs and being close to you.
Try to calm yourself with deep breaths in and long breaths out. Look for yoga or dance videos on YouTube to try with your DC too. If you are able to laugh together and get out of breath you might find you feel a little better.

keepingonrunning Sat 04-Feb-17 01:24:27

Longer term, talk with your GP about anxiety and possible PTSD.

Shakemyfaith Sat 04-Feb-17 20:24:50

hi
thanks for the advice. came back to this post this evening. we are better today but I'm on edge again as getting texts which in ignoring but worrying he will escalate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now