Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I feel so lonely!

(8 Posts)
needstrength Fri 03-Feb-17 15:00:37

I am in a marriage where my husband thinks he's the ideal man, but he's abusive rude and down right nasty at times.

I spend my time treading on egg shells around him and I feel I can't spend time with my DCs cos he feels I should be spending it with him.

I have friends but I sick of hearing myself moaning! I can't seem to find the strength to get out of this but I am so depressed too. I'm not living my life how I want to! I feel like I'm living for him.

I just feel so lonely 😭

ShatnersWig Fri 03-Feb-17 15:12:26

Leave.

Seriously.

Big step, I know, and the first couple of months will seem very lonely. But after that, you'll be much less lonely and wish you'd done it years ago.

Honestly, there's no other answer.

ImperialBlether Fri 03-Feb-17 15:14:10

If you stay, things will be the same. If you leave, things will be different - better in so many ways.

You really don't have to live like that.

noego Fri 03-Feb-17 15:59:25

Your life, your decision. Fear of the unknown can be restricting, No-one can predict the future.
But a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.

Ilovecaindingle Fri 03-Feb-17 19:12:10

Before long your dc will also be walking on egg shells. . That's no childhood. . And no life for you either. . Honestly with a df like that all your kids need to flourish are a happy and mentally healthy dm imo!! You need to ask yourself if they will resent you for leaving him - or eventually for staying with him.

UglySoul Fri 03-Feb-17 19:16:31

why on earth would you marry

I don't understand

BlueFolly Fri 03-Feb-17 19:19:09

Do you have the money and the wherewithal to leave?

moorland80 Fri 03-Feb-17 19:40:08

I was in a very similar situation with my now ex husband. He was a very selfish man, manipulative, very good at emotional blackmail. You have to think about your children, they come first no matter what. I did, and I'm so much better off for many reasons. The moment I left him, I felt happier and stronger.

Go to your local CAB; most solicitors will give you a free 30/45 minute session. Your true friends will not think you're moaning. They will stand by you and want to help however they can. Your family too.

My fingers are crossed that you're able to find the strength to leave. It will be the best thing for you and your children. It's a scary prospect, but I'm a firm believer in everything happening for a reason, and for the better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now