Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Much needed advice please.

(4 Posts)
Hollyrose79 Thu 02-Feb-17 21:04:30

Hi ladies.
Am at the end of my tether and after some fresh insight/ideas please.
I told my husband I wanted a separation in October. Shortly after he had a case for sexual harrasment brought against him at work, which apparently was "blown out of all proportion" but followed said girls boyfriend coming round to our house and punching him several times. Anyhow this was the final nail in the coffin in the marriage following a prolonged period of emotional abuse, verbal punch bagging and general shitty moody grumpy behaviour bringing both myself and our 2 small girls down.
He has been in denial for the proceeding months..promising he can change, making me go to counselling, begging pleading when it's dead..I need to move on now. He is refusing to move out, I am struggling to find a way out with the children. I want to keep the house and have told him I can raise the money to buy him out but he is hell bent on not letting me..as I am the unhappy one I should be the one to go. He has used every trick in the book and I am at my wits end. Everything i have been told by solicitors etc he revokes..how do I get out of this shitty situation..?xx

scoobydoo1971 Thu 02-Feb-17 21:34:23

The only way to resolve this would be through divorce proceedings. That could sort of child custody, living arrangements and finances all in one go. You could divorce him for 'unreasonable behaviour' (abuse, allegations etc). With small children at home, the courts would mostly probably rule in your favour as this is their family home.

ginswinger Thu 02-Feb-17 21:36:37

Sounds as though you need to get papers issued so it's real to him. Move the divorce on and you can get a financial settlement. You may need to get the courts to award you the house if he won't go.

Hollyrose79 Fri 03-Feb-17 07:10:21

Thanks for the advice. I guess I knew that was the only way to go..but things are so unbearable here I am on the point of removing myself and the girls from the house because it's not fair on them to go through it. Do you think this will this go against me if I do...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now