Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Recommendations for SHL that 'gets' emotional/financial/psych abuse

(1 Post)
joell75 Wed 01-Feb-17 10:58:50

Hello everyone. I KNOW this isnt the right place to be asking this question, but have tried legal and only had one response. I started reading up on here a while ago, and after a short time, I came to realise that what my ex-partner does (and has done for the last six years) is EA. Theres also financial abuse involved too. People were telling me for a long time that it was very wrong, but I just thought I had unfortunately picked a bad 'un, and I had to lump it to protect my childrens relationship with him. 'Listening' to you all here has, within the space of a couple of months, made me realise that I dont have to. I became involved with the local DA organisation and they put me on to a solicitor who was utterly amazing. Got to the stage where I had paid for a letter to be sent, but they then found there was a conflict of interest. I can only assume they are representing him in his application to have residency of the kids (the latest thing). Soooo, Im asking if anybody has any recommendations for a SHL in the North West that 'gets', what can be at times, very covert EA. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: