Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone else got patents who are NEVER wrong?

(7 Posts)
malificent7 Tue 31-Jan-17 15:18:04

Or who faslifht? For exampme if i dont like something my dad says i cannot disagree with him as get stone walled or yelled at. If ge disagrees with me i get a lwcture or rant.

Politics is another difficilt area. We on opposite political sides anf it causes tension.

The gaslighting too. If i pull my dad up on something ge said or did which upset me, he will deny it ever gappened.

malificent7 Tue 31-Jan-17 15:18:36

Or who gaslights i mean!!

unicornsIlovethem Tue 31-Jan-17 15:20:02

Only my dad. But yes. We have the same issues on politics as you and it seems to end with him yelling and/ or swearing at me and storming off.

I don't really know what to do other than keep away from him

malificent7 Tue 31-Jan-17 15:31:14

Its difficult isnt it? Love my dad... hate his politics and outlook on life.

BantyCustards Tue 31-Jan-17 15:38:58

I did have - they are no longer my parents and have no place in my life.

unicornsIlovethem Tue 31-Jan-17 16:51:34

I love my mum.

My dad does d I y and car maintenance while telling me I ought to be able to do all this myself and it is just because I am an incompetent female.

I have pointed out that I would just pay someone to do it and he offered, and I work 4 days and don't want to spend limited free time doing diy... that does not compute.

fc301 Tue 31-Jan-17 23:03:35

BantyCustard power to you. That's a great attitude. Might have to adopt it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now