Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

We're always arguing

(2 Posts)
playdooh Sun 29-Jan-17 17:27:15

I'm so fed up with me and dp constantly arguing with each other. I grew up in a very dysfunctional family where there were always arguments and I always promised myself I wouldn't let my own kids grow up in an environment like I did. Now they are and I feel so annoyed at myself. It's got to the point I dread commingling home from work as I know there will be something to moan about. Not sure what I want you to say really just wanted to talk to someone

Trustyourself2 Sun 29-Jan-17 23:36:30

Really sorry you're going through this. You must be very frustrated with the way things are working out.

I would imagine that a good place to start, would be to seek therapy, whether on your own or with your DP. You'll be able to at least establish why you're constantly arguing and take it from there. It's a very toxic environment for all of you to live in, and the feeling of dreading going home is just awful for you.

Ask your GP for advise and to refer you to a counsellor. It'll be best to speak with someone impartial, rather than trying to work things out between you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now