Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So lonely

(7 Posts)
ojojoj1 Sat 28-Jan-17 21:27:46

I feel so lonely tonight . Someone I thought that really cared about me has been ghosting me since Christmas. I have been single for almost 5 years now why am I so fucked up no one wants me ?

FlowerOfTheValley Sat 28-Jan-17 21:48:48

I could have written a lot of your post. I'm really sorry it's bloody shit.

It's harder when it's somebody you thought cared about you. Rejection is bad enough without being ghosted. I think the ghosting hurt more than the relationship ending. It's such a complete lack of care and respect to think he thinks so little of you he can't even be bothered to tell you.

It's perfectly natural to feel the way you do. It says an awful lot about him and is not a reflection on you. It won't feel like it but anyone who treats you like this is not worth your time and you are better off without him.

flowers

ojojoj1 Sat 28-Jan-17 22:17:26

Thank you so much Flower I have been crying all afternoon. It is really hard for me as I opened myself to this person fully which hasn't happened in years .

Trustyourself2 Sun 29-Jan-17 00:28:47

So sorry this is happening to you ojojoj1.

Have you had any communication at all since Christmas? Could it be that something's happened that means they can't be in touch with you? I wish I had lots of pearls of wisdom for you. Do you have people in your life that you can chat with about how things are getting to you? Would you consider counselling? Hope you start to feel better very soon.

ojojoj1 Sun 29-Jan-17 18:02:16

Yeah bits and bobs but mostly being ignored . I went through therapy 3 cycles nothing improved

Trustyourself2 Sun 29-Jan-17 23:11:08

They're not the one for you. Don't give them another thought. Be kind and gentle with yourself. It's the only way to find peace. We all go through horrible times, I currently am, and just being considerate of myself is really helping. I was seeing a counsellor, which really helped me to offload. I was lucky enough to click with the first one I went to, who was recommended to me. Do you have someone in RL you trust, who you can speak to? Do you have a little pet to keep you company? They are the best kind of therapy, if you have the room and time in your life. Maybe do some voluntary work or join a meetup group?

welcometowonderland Mon 30-Jan-17 00:03:36

I've been there OP. It sucks.
In my case we met up a couple of times, he got what he wanted sexually, then downgraded to "let's just be friends" minutes after the condom was discarded.
Travelled back home in tears.
Waited around for days which turned into weeks.
Nothing. Not even a text.
Looking back I'm embarrassed at the amount of tears i wasted on him. He wasn't worth it. He was a selfish dick.

This person isn't worth it . He's behaving in a selfish and childish manner, not to mention cowardly.

Turn off your phone and watch a good film. Order a pizza. Get your friends round.
Don't give this loser another thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now