Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My hudband hit me infront kids

(18 Posts)
Sofia2 Sat 28-Jan-17 13:34:58

My husband slam/hit me infront of our children. One of them is a child with special needs who jumped on me screeming and crying and telling him to go away. Another one was crying all the time. What a basterd! He has done this as we had a bad argument and i wanted to go upstair, so he did not let me, i pushed him and he hit me. I wanted to leave the house, he did not let me and locked the door! All in front screaming kids!! After this he wanted to talk and apologize. What to talk more? I refused. He left home telling the kids that is my fault as i wanted to push him through the stairs. Not to forget that he has more then 100 kg and i have 40. Unfortunately, this is not first time and yes we went already through the relation therapy that i found really not nice as i realized that he accused me for all. Does anyone has the similar experience?

Ilovecaindingle Sat 28-Jan-17 13:38:39

I hope you are now phoning the police. .

PacificDogwod Sat 28-Jan-17 13:40:55

Unfortunately, lots of other women have similar experiences.

Phone the police NOW.

Are you and your children safe just now?

Sofia2 Sat 28-Jan-17 13:58:30

Yes, but because he is gone (who knows where) they can do only a report and have a talk with him when they found him

SalemsCat Sat 28-Jan-17 14:02:16

My ex physically assaulted me and I left him. Don't let him back and report to the police.

PacificDogwod Sat 28-Jan-17 14:05:45

Ok, so you have reported this event AND are safe just now?

Sofia2 Sat 28-Jan-17 14:15:53

Yes I am safe for now. But he will come back home. I have a terrible feeling and sorry what my kids suffered..

PacificDogwod Sat 28-Jan-17 14:19:52

Contact Women's Aid - do it now.

Do you have a relative/friend who can be with you when he comes home?
Do you have anywhere safe you can go to?

You must make your children's safety your priority. Get out if you have to.

Don't be sorry, get angry.

PacificDogwod Sat 28-Jan-17 14:20:36

Also, why don't you get this thread moved to 'Relationships'?
Lots more very knowledgable posters there thanks

debbs77 Sat 28-Jan-17 16:12:56

Have you actually called the police though?

ChuckSnowballs Sat 28-Jan-17 16:54:17

they can do only a report and have a talk with him when they found him

What makes you think that? They can arrest him and then it will be more difficult for him to get access to your children. Call the police.

cestlavielife Sat 28-Jan-17 16:57:13

Lock the doors so he can't get in.
Call 101 report.
When he comes back banging call 999.
Your dc need to know you will protect the them from him. By keeping him away.

toptoe Sat 28-Jan-17 17:02:27

They don't stop, that's all I can say. After a big scary episode, they slope off to punish you then test you when they come back to see if they can do it again.

His attitude is that he needs to control you and he will use physical force to do it, amongst other things. Kind men don't do that. It's fundamental to their nature and unchangeable (through therapy or you begging or the children crying). Infact, any attempts to 'change' him eg. ask him to stop are met with more violence ime, as they see it as you trying to control them and they can't have that.

marylennoxwasanaspie Sat 28-Jan-17 17:04:27

Are you in the UK OP? Your English is pretty good but not that of a native speaker. I'm also thinking you could probably ask for an interpreter if that makes it easier to talk to the police.

Ohb0llocks Sat 28-Jan-17 17:07:39

Call 101. 999 if he comes back. Lock the door leave your key in if he has taken his.

What are your living arrangements? I'm wondering if you can get an emergency lock change.

OP I have been in this situation and I only wish I ended it the first time and called the police.

TheTantrumCometh Sat 28-Jan-17 17:34:29

I reiterate what others have said, phone women's aid. Don't stay with him. You've already given him another chance and he's blown it. He won't change. You know that now.

You and your children deserve better and you can now show them that this is not acceptable. I'm so sorry

debbs77 Sun 29-Jan-17 17:40:25

Please give us an update when you can xx

SparklyMagpie Sun 29-Jan-17 21:56:14

Hope you're ok OP flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: