Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Partner of almost 5 weeks just snapped cos laptop isn't working correctly

(28 Posts)
EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 20:52:59

As title! I feel
Like I'm walking on eggshells all the time. But I love her, what do I do? I think I know the answer

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 20:53:53

She just snapped at me because laptop won't load, I said yes that's why I want to sell it she still tried to blame the fault on me

llangennith Fri 27-Jan-17 20:55:10

After just five weeks she's this mean?!

TheresABluebirdOnMyShoulder Fri 27-Jan-17 20:55:44

5 weeks?? Get rid. This is her on her very best behaviour. This early on should be a breeze and so much fun, there shouldn't be any arguments or stropping.

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 20:56:05

And she's taking the puss out of my tics although she knows I can't help it due to probable add or OCD, no diagnosis but my kids have the diagnosis

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 20:56:18

Sorry five months I meant

mrsnoon Fri 27-Jan-17 20:56:25

Dump and run.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Fri 27-Jan-17 20:56:28

I wouldn't call someone my partner after only 5 weeks.
She won't get to Week 6 acting like that!

Mottlemoth Fri 27-Jan-17 20:56:56

After 5 weeks? You really have to ask?! Dump. Now. Immediately.

mrsnoon Fri 27-Jan-17 20:57:09

5 months? Still dump and run.

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 20:57:12

Probably asd I mean, sorry about typos

Trustyourself2 Fri 27-Jan-17 20:58:13

What did she say/do?

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 20:58:18

I know I should I always just think with people that it's all I deserve and I can't get anyone better and I get so lonely, I need a therapist or something 😢😢😢

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 20:59:29

She said can I use laptop, I said sure it's there, she turned it on and went off in one cos the screen wasn't right, I said Ye that's why I don't use it and want rid. She said Ye sounds like u

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 21:03:21

In the kitchen now cooking dinner after her offering for hours, guess I'm doing it then

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 21:04:31

Can't be bothered with this this week, was told on tues tax creds stopped till April, I don't work how will I feed the kids??? I get dla for middle son in 3 weeks so will be fine then but horrible sad 3 weeks 😢

KarmaNoMore Fri 27-Jan-17 21:05:56

Was she meant to be doing something important/time sensitive in the computer that would have some negative implications if not done in time? If so, could you have warned her on time it was not reliable?

I would think that if she was only casually using it, there is no way she should have reacted like that but, if you knew she was doing important AND you also knew the computer didn't work and didn't tell her, I can see why she is angry.

SecretWitch Fri 27-Jan-17 21:06:11

Honey, tuck and run. If she's like this at 5 weeks think about how she will be at 5 months and 5 years...

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 21:07:09

Nothing important in laptop no, she only got here at 5 after a week so I'm sure she could have done it at home

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 21:08:38

She's known for weeks about the laptop because I've been complaining about taking it back because it's so slow. She wanted to look at jobs online which she could have doe. On either her or my phone or my iPad, nothing urgent

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 21:10:19

And not seen her for a week

HarmlessChap Fri 27-Jan-17 21:15:39

Laptop aside if she is taking the piss out of your ticks then she's cruel and nasty, not worth bothering with.

Dump her, save yourself a lot of pain in the future

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 21:18:34

Oh she's took over cooking now, she must be feeling guilty

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 21:20:09

I said to her that it's cruel as she has OCD and I'd never even mention her rituals as it's something she can't control she just said well it's annoying when you tick, guess I'm not the person for you then, I only tick very mildly every 6 month or so and only under pressure it's really not noticeable

EnterNicknameHere Fri 27-Jan-17 21:22:57

Must add she's under a lot of pressure too at the money as got made redundant in November

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now