Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ex harassing me

(5 Posts)
Nab123 Thu 26-Jan-17 22:02:13

I have been separated from my ex for nearly 2yrs now. We split due to some DV and then I realised he had been taking prescription drugs. Things have been relatively quieter since we split with a few dramas thrown in. Then all of a sudden my door gets knocked tonight and there's 4 policemen/women there asking to come in and make sure I'm OK..hmm My ex has called the police on himself saying he was at my house and pulled a knife on me trying to hurt me with it! I haven't even spoken to him today....! Now I'm left sitting here worried that he will now come and actually do something as the police have no reason to detain him now

owlmug Thu 26-Jan-17 22:25:09

Lock all doors and windows, don't open the door if it knocks. Have you recorded anything in regards to the DV with police in the past?

phoenixrisingeversoslowly Thu 26-Jan-17 22:27:23

What owl said
Even is he turns up and wants to 'talk' don't answer the door, and call the Police

Nab123 Thu 26-Jan-17 22:30:50

I locked all doors when the police left. He had a suspended sentence before due to DV before and police are aware. I'm probably just being overly concerned about nothing. Its all been a bit odd tonight. I can't understand why he would do this???hmm

owlmug Thu 26-Jan-17 22:40:38

It could be a multitude of reasons tbh, it could be the drugs you mentioned having an effect or he wants to let you know he hasn't disappeared (maybe he doesn't want you to forget him) or maybe he heard something nice off dave the builder and his girlfriend down the road and it angered him for no good reason (maybe somebody else was just talking about you full stop)

A perpetrators mind works in very mysterious ways sometimes.

He will most likely know that if he reports himself to the police for trying to harm you with a knife then it will definitely get back to you tho, he's most likely trying to keep you on edge and is telling you to watch yourself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now