Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

boyfriend getting new roomate. question

(17 Posts)
Babyboy15 Tue 24-Jan-17 19:25:16

Hi

I've just got a question for the ladies who have a man in the forces or if you may know the answer.

My boyfriends on a tour with the RAF in Dubai and he's just told me he's getting a new roomate tomorrow.

I just want to know if it could be a female, and would the RAF allow a woman and a man to share the same room?

Please let me know.

Thanks

HebeJeeby Tue 24-Jan-17 19:28:07

Hello, I'm ex -RAF and have been on dets myself and can say categorically that his new room mate won't be female. Hope that puts your mind at rest.

Babyboy15 Tue 24-Jan-17 19:48:45

Thank you. Hope not.

PaterPower Tue 24-Jan-17 20:14:13

No, absolutely no way.

LemonyFresh Tue 24-Jan-17 20:47:00

Are you worried about hanky panky going on?

Babyboy15 Tue 24-Jan-17 21:19:02

Obviously. He knows I wouldn't be alright with a female in his room.

AndersArms Tue 24-Jan-17 21:20:53

You sound like you have trust issues OP.

GinIsIn Tue 24-Jan-17 21:24:01

If you trust him that little, his room mate is the least of your problems!

Quartz2208 Tue 24-Jan-17 21:24:04

I don't think she would be happy to be in a room with a man she did not know so I have no idea why you would think it could even slightly happen. It does sound as if you don't trust him, is it a new relationship

Babyboy15 Tue 24-Jan-17 21:29:18

no we've been together for 3 years and have a 1 year old.

Ellisandra Tue 24-Jan-17 21:33:28

If you don't trust him, bail.
I had an RAF boyfriend for a very short while - when he went on detachment to Qatar he was roomed with another man.
No way would I have known if he had had RAF women in his room when his roomie was on shift.
But I trusted him not to.

Just as he trusted me not to be shagging someone back in the UK.

I actually think my RAF guy would have been less likely to cheat with a randomly allocated female officer in the same room, than he would be with another woman on base that he actually fancied and chose for himself!

LatteTime Tue 24-Jan-17 21:34:39

Husbands a captain in the army, he's just said it goes against the armed forces act so no way.

X

Ellisandra Tue 24-Jan-17 21:34:59

If you've been together 3 years, surely you know about room mates?
Has something happened to make you worry?

LatteTime Tue 24-Jan-17 21:37:41

Ps - he's now added they're not even allowed in the same loo blocks let alone share a room.

I know having someone away on tour can make you anxious flowers

KanyeWesticle Tue 24-Jan-17 21:50:18

You need to put more trust in your relationship. If a random female roommate worries you, you need to look at your relationship. If you don't trust him, it's not about his potential future roommate.

Mils45 Tue 24-Jan-17 21:59:33

Chill people. She doesn't have trust issues, what woman would be happy with their man sharing with another woman? My roommate had a partner in the forces, it's incredibly difficult. Takes a strong lady to do it. Xx

Quartz2208 Wed 25-Jan-17 14:30:56

Its the fact though that without any evidence to the contrary she thought it might happen (the armed forces would never have a mixed sex room) and then if it did happen then something would happen.

There are things yes to be anxious about having a partner on tour and it is incredibly difficult - this is not one of them. Either she has trust issues or is focusing her anxiety about him being away on this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: