Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

STI check

(15 Posts)
cantwaitforsummertimeeeeeee Tue 24-Jan-17 17:07:53

I've been with my partner 2.5 yrs, we are trying for a baby and I had an sti check 2 years ago ( just to be on safe side ) and all came back ok

I've got to wait 7 days for the results if they are negative in being sent for a scan but she said unless the sti is positive then I won't need a scan

Feeling awful for doubting my boyf though?!

Anyone been few this?

I've tried to look it up but can only see that's how people have found out their partners have cheated!

Thanks guys girls xx

CockacidalManiac Tue 24-Jan-17 17:14:04

I had a sti check a few months ago when starting a relationship. It's just good sexual hygene IMO.

cantwaitforsummertimeeeeeee Tue 24-Jan-17 17:22:42

Yeah deffo agreed

Thing is I had mine 6months into my new relationship roughly and it was all clear so my concern is if now I have something then he would have cheated?! See what I mean ?
I haven't slept with anyone but him so I know it's not me
Know it could come back ok and I've worried about nothing but it's at the back of my mind

cantwaitforsummertimeeeeeee Tue 24-Jan-17 17:24:32

I've just read through and seen I've left a bit out!

I went to the drs about some pains and pink discharge I'm getting after Sex and she have me a STI check !

So if I've got one it would have been from him as I had one 2 yrs ago with him and it was clear !

PutneyPandora Tue 24-Jan-17 19:13:44

Don't feel awful, I think it's best to cover it off. I generally get a full sexual health check each time I am about to start a new relationship and politely request that my potential partner is tested too before we get crazy between the sheets! Luckily I have never had any issues with this and it's peace of mind and as previous OP mentioned just good sexual hygiene.

gamerchick Tue 24-Jan-17 19:15:58

Good luck OP.

If it helps I go for a health check for that area every few years just to make sure all is well. A bit like going to the dentist for your bits.

pocketsaviour Tue 24-Jan-17 19:17:47

That's just routine for the doctor to do - you obviously have a problem of some sort, so they will just cover all the bases.

FWIW I had that exact problem in the past and it turned out to be a case of severe thrush.

cantwaitforsummertimeeeeeee Tue 24-Jan-17 19:29:14

Thanks ladies

Yeah I have no issue of the reasons why I went for one and totally agree with you it's just I suppose my question is what if it comes back i do have one ? As I had my last check 6months or so into my new then relationship but I'm with the same person so I'm worried if I have something then it will be because of him
Hopefully not but then as I have to wait a week it's horrible waiting !! X

Phoebefromfriends Tue 24-Jan-17 20:29:50

I think this is standard procedure so try not to worry. Do you have any reason to suspect he has been unfaithful? Did he get a test at the same time or was it just you 6 months in? I think both partners should get tested at the start of the relationship so you both know you are clear. I think what I'm trying to say is that if you were using condoms for the first 6 months, and only you got tested and then stopped using them he could have given you something at that point, that would have originated before your relationship started.

f83mx Tue 24-Jan-17 20:31:36

If tests are negative ask your doctor to put you forward for a smear if bleeding/pain continues just to check xx

f83mx Tue 24-Jan-17 20:33:19

*sorry that might be what you meant by scan! just re-read.

cantwaitforsummertimeeeeeee Tue 24-Jan-17 21:05:46

No stupidly we never even used condoms as I said to him I had a STI check before I got with him which I did, and he had come out from a marriage where he was with the same person for 12 yrs so never thought to get him to go get one. He had one in the marriage he said. Anyway I only went to get one for peace of mind and he said if mine come back ok then he won't go
I'm probably worrying over nothing I'm just thinking what if he has given me one? He went travelling for 2 months last year but other than that no reason to suspect he cheated xx

cantwaitforsummertimeeeeeee Mon 30-Jan-17 19:14:12

I had a smear at the time and all results back are normal so I feel better now x

Phoebefromfriends Mon 30-Jan-17 20:27:49

Brilliant news OP, must be a great relief.

cantwaitforsummertimeeeeeee Mon 30-Jan-17 20:43:43

Yeah massively! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now