Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dp just told me he's had enough

(15 Posts)
cheatsheet Mon 23-Jan-17 15:16:16

He says he hates me and can't bear to look at me no more. Ive ruined his life apparently . I haven't done nothing wrong. W have 3 children under 5. Wtf should I do ?

cedge Mon 23-Jan-17 15:17:59

Allow him to go. Give him his space.

For whatever reason he needs it. The worst thing you can do is be needy.

The grass is not always greener. Let him go and discover that.

cheatsheet Mon 23-Jan-17 15:20:24

He says it's his house ( it's both of ours) so he's not leaving.

MrsBertBibby Mon 23-Jan-17 15:23:47

Then he'd best buy himself a blindfold.

NerrSnerr Mon 23-Jan-17 15:44:52

What is he suggesting? Does he want you to leave? Is the house bought or rented. Sorry you're going through this. I would probably suggest seeing a solicitor in the coming days.

redexpat Mon 23-Jan-17 15:58:16

Get legal advice asap.

MusicIsMedicine Mon 23-Jan-17 16:57:42

Tell him to fuck off. That is your and your children's home, unless he wants to pay for another one for all of you. Does he seriously just think he can tell you to leave? What does he think you will do, walk out without your children leaving them with him?! Tell him if he's that unhappy, he can be the one to go. He knows where the door is!

Hermonie2016 Mon 23-Jan-17 17:23:52

Don't do anything as long as you feel safe.

Just let yourself get calm.Is this usual argument? Can't help but feel with 3 under 5 you must both be exhausted.

His words have shaken you but try to centre yourself.
Whatever happens you will be fine.

cheatsheet Mon 23-Jan-17 17:44:40

Thank you all. He's gone for a walk. I still don't know what to do for the best.

RoundTheBend Mon 23-Jan-17 17:53:07

Is the mortgage in both your names?

PollytheDolly Mon 23-Jan-17 19:30:35

This has come out of the blue?

Butterymuffin Mon 23-Jan-17 19:36:30

Don't you go anywhere. Tell him if he can't stand to be around you, he will need to go as with three kids to care for you will need the space. Tell him that this is his issue to sort out. You don't need to run around making everything okay for him right now.

Has he been acting oddly before now?

happypoobum Mon 23-Jan-17 19:39:19

Is your home owned or rented? Am assuming you aren't married?

Do you work? Don't go anywhere- I agree with buttery. flowers

languagelearner Mon 23-Jan-17 19:41:26

Did he really say that? I'm stunned. A lot of good advice on this thread already.

AyeAmarok Mon 23-Jan-17 19:46:37

So he expects that he can finish with you, and stay in the house while you and his three young children leave and live, where?

Stay put. He can leave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now