Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone

(5 Posts)
Tanners1989 Sun 22-Jan-17 10:41:48

Anyone else in a relationship and the other half has issues to sort out I love him so much and we are best friends but when we argue he is the most nasty person ever but would never hurt me!!! He is on his last chance and I'm praying it works out I want to fight for us so much and try and help sort these head issues he has I can see he loves me when we don't argue

temporarilyjerry Sun 22-Jan-17 10:53:32

Is he prepared to have counselling? You can't change him, OP.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 22-Jan-17 10:55:28

This is in no way a healthy relationship; its full of drama and deep lows. If you did love each other so much and you are best friends he would not be on his last chance with you. He does not have to hit you (yet) to hurt you; he's hurting you enough already with words.

And what is all this "I want to fight for us so much" all about, its all teenage romanticised nonsense in your own head. What is he doing here?

What did you learn about relationships when growing up? Is he all you think you deserve?

His issues are his to get help for, not yours to carry for him. If he is on his last chance as well there's good reason for that being the case as well. Why do you persist with him?.

Why do you feel so responsible for him?. Are you really confusing love here with co-dependency; why are you putting his needs above yours?. You cannot love someone like this better.

Costacoffeeplease Sun 22-Jan-17 10:57:42

You shouldn't have to 'fight' for a relationship

Whatever his issues, you can't sort them out and you're not his punchbag. Ask him to leave to work on himself and come back when he's got himself straight

Bluntness100 Sun 22-Jan-17 10:59:46

I don't understand, surely by being nasty to you he is hurting you?

How often do you have arguments and does he feel the same, that he wants to fight and make it work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now