Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Happy stories?

(8 Posts)
jcne Fri 20-Jan-17 11:20:21

does anyone have any happy stories about their relationships surviving problems? or positive experiences in counselling? please? need some hope..

jcne Fri 20-Jan-17 15:03:34

oh dear sad

Happybunny19 Fri 20-Jan-17 15:16:43

Don't worry jcne I think you've just timed your thread badly, as there were two other positive threads running yesterday. I'm not sure MN relationships board can handle the positivity.

I've been with DP for over 20 years, we've been through lots of challenges over that time and I can honestly say we're more in love with each other than ever. We're both of the opinion that the bad times made us stronger.

LittleBoat Fri 20-Jan-17 15:20:26

No counselling, but dh and I have been together 27 years this year and are still going strong. We have our ups and downs but get through it.

Depends what you're going through though.

Gooseygoosey12345 Fri 20-Jan-17 15:50:08

Yes! My OH and I went through a good year of being absolutely vile to each other. I mean really horrible. I kicked him out more than once, and he left. But we moved home and something changed. We talked about things and learned that a lot of what we were arguing about didn't matter. We still bicker occasionally don't get me wrong but it lasts a minute and we're over it.

ItsyBitsyBikini Fri 20-Jan-17 15:54:13

Dp and I haven't been together long but we have got through a difficult year. Getting pregnant, buying a house that needed gutting and redecorating when we both worked ft, I was 6 months pregnant and we had no money and then having our beautiful son and me being diagnosed with PND and being a bit horrible.
We try to talk rather than let it fester and have a big blow out, it's working for us.

IsNotGold Fri 20-Jan-17 16:30:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jcne Fri 20-Jan-17 16:52:55

😭😭 yes isnotgold! v happy for you both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now