Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help! Distract me from texting my ex!

(21 Posts)
Summer56 Thu 19-Jan-17 12:00:45

Hello,
After posting a thread last night regarding dating and how soon I should wait before getting back out there. I got to thinking about my ex and I now really want to text him to ask how he is etc.
I need some distractions!!

FuckOffDailyMailQuitQuotingMN Thu 19-Jan-17 12:04:42

Don't do it.

You will cringe with embarrassment after.

Here's a clown to distract you. 🤡

FuckOffDailyMailQuitQuotingMN Thu 19-Jan-17 12:06:59

Watch this?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vZChD_Gni8U

Summer56 Thu 19-Jan-17 13:07:14

That is brilliant thank you!
I have also just been reminded by a friend what a dickweed my ex is and really isn't worth it!
Thank goodness for MN and friends! smile

Summer56 Thu 19-Jan-17 22:26:16

So, a couple of things have happened today that I know my ex would appreciate. I want nothing more than to just type out a message to him and tell him. Is there really much harm in that? He said he still wants to know about what is going on in my life. I am trying to resist the urge to message him because I know I will regret it. That's why I am banging on here!!
I know he would appreciate my news but I bet the fucker is with his new girlfriend so I won't contact hime. I don't care that I am not his girlfriend anymore, I just miss that interaction with him. Little things that only he and I would appreciate. It is so sodding hard!

AdoraBell Thu 19-Jan-17 22:31:42

He is your ex for a reason. Possibly multiple reasons.

If he was a plate of food that gave you food poisoning would you keep going back for another spoonful?

mummytime Thu 19-Jan-17 22:33:26

Why haven't you blocked and deleted his number?
Don't text/message/call. You will feel much better about yourself in the morning.

You can always tell us the news- if you have to tell someone.

Summer56 Thu 19-Jan-17 22:36:59

I wouldn't eat the poison! Fantastic analogy!

Summer56 Thu 19-Jan-17 22:40:10

I would like to delete his number but we still have some loose ends to tie up regarding our flat etc.

Princesspinkgirl Thu 19-Jan-17 23:30:40

Exs are a ex for a reason just dont do it speaking from experience i went 1 step further got back with a ex once it went pear shaped i started to hate him and my self we then on to break up again my choice i moved on since new man happier than ever save yourself that hassle

mummytime Fri 20-Jan-17 07:22:33

Get just one way of communicating with him - personally I'd choose email. You can always write his phone number down somewhere, and then delete it.

Its like if you were trying to stop eating chocolate/drinking alcohol - you'd make sure temptation isn't in the house. After a while you won't be tempted to contact him, but right now you need to break the habit.

ShatnersWig Fri 20-Jan-17 08:04:36

This thread is also a perfect illustration of what people were saying on your other thread about you not thinking about dating anyone right now, or for some time, as clearly you are nowhere near ready or over your ex.

Summer56 Fri 20-Jan-17 08:55:55

I woke up this morning and for the first time I felt serious rage. I have never felt like that before. I have never allowed myself to hate him. I have hated the situation but never him. I didn't want to feel hate because I haven't wanted the hate to become bitter and twisted. Maybe it is a good thing to hate him for a while!
He doesn't deserve to hear my news, he gave up that right when he slept with someone else. I have been too understanding of this bullshit situation. I have finally realised that he needs to do one!

IamMee Fri 20-Jan-17 09:20:01

Wow sounds like during your sleep you have taken a massive step forward! You go girl, get angry but don't give him the satisfaction of knowing how you feel!! Well done onwards and upwards

mummytime Fri 20-Jan-17 11:29:40

Well done!
Hate doesn't have to become bitterness. Rage is a good step forward.

Summer56 Tue 24-Jan-17 13:55:35

Oh crap! Just met up with my ex at the flat. We were talking out the "good old times" and we both got really upset and teary. As people do, we hugged and then, oh fuck, we kissed. I feel so sick. I am just as bad as him and his new girlfriend! I am so ashamed of myself.
What do I do now? I can't cut him off because we need to still sort out the flat.

ShatnersWig Tue 24-Jan-17 15:54:22

Oh for fuck's sake. You're not a teenager (are you?)!

You limit all contact to phone and only to sort out flat issues. If you have to actually meet to sort out the flat, you do so in a public place. You do not meet at the flat, you do not talk about the good times.

mikia Mon 30-Jan-17 12:36:32

I have a flat under mine and my exs name still and I will need to contact him to conclude the tenancy in a couple of months time.

That's why I have blocked him on absolutely everything except whatsapp and don't message him unless it's regarding the tenancy. And after he's moved his stuff out and I've put all the bills in my name, there hasn't been anything to discuss for MONTHS. You're making excuses which is understandable but you're kidding yourself...do not meet up with him.

Adora10 Mon 30-Jan-17 14:16:58

Is this a wind up cos you sound about 12.

SparklyMagpie Mon 30-Jan-17 14:55:19

Jesus Christ hmm

TheNaze73 Mon 30-Jan-17 16:29:46

biscuit

3/10. Not even a good effort

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now