Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A positive post!

(14 Posts)
Gooseygoosey12345 Wed 18-Jan-17 22:48:11

I always see people complaining about their OH the majority rightly so but can we take a minute to just be nice about them and remember why we love them and put up with their shit
I'll go - my fiancé is genuinely lovely most of the time, sometimes he's a git! But he knows I love my back stroked to fall asleep and has done so for the last 3 1/2 years. And he always remembers stuff I mentioned ages ago when it comes to gifts smile he's been so supportive through my pregnancy and dealt with my mood swings amazingly. He works his butt off for our family and I trust him implicitly, even if he does snore like a train smile

croon979 Wed 18-Jan-17 22:56:25

I have had the working week from hell and my DH has single-handedly picking up our son from nursery, fee, bathed him and had dinner ready for me when I eventually roll in at 11pm. He also knows my favourite thing in the world is a hot water bottle and he regularly unprompted makes one for me, amongst many little other gestures that mean so much to me. He also gives the best hug ever and makes me laugh more than anyone else I know. I thank my lucky stars that we stumbled across each other drunk in that nightclub when we first met. He's one in a million.

M00nUnit Wed 18-Jan-17 22:59:07

My DH asked his mum for an omelette pan for Christmas. He doesn't like omlettes, he just wanted it so he could cook them for me. He is a diamond.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 18-Jan-17 22:59:27

Careful OP - you'll be accused of being thoughtless and insensitive, and probably told you should have put "possibly triggering" in your thread title grin

Dinnerout1 Wed 18-Jan-17 23:08:37

My husband is my best friend and I love him dearly, always have always will. He's so wonderful, caring, kind, considerate, funny, chatty, sexy, fantastic father' just amazing to be around with. cooks the best slow cooker meals absolutely delicious! Always getting me treats like my favourite Bree cheese and chilli chutney, box of chocs, my favourite home magazine, flowers etc. He is always supportive in what ever decision I make, he is always polite and is so appreciative of the meals I cook for our family and anything else I do. He's so amazing and I'm so lucky lucky lucky to have him. I love you DH ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Emboo19 Wed 18-Jan-17 23:39:16

Me and my bf are having our share of problems at the moment. But, I've just got my first period since dd was born (sorry for that info) and he's turned up with my favourite chocolate, flowers, a tub of Ben and Jerry's and a pile of girlie magazine, he knows I love to read but loath to pay for. He did dd's bath and bed time routine and he's doing the night shift, expect for the breastfeeding!!

Gooseygoosey12345 Wed 18-Jan-17 23:40:23

Such lovely posts!! ❤️

Haha Milk you're probably right! Maybe i should amend 😂

jo10000 Thu 19-Jan-17 09:38:58

Lovely to hear everyone's positive stories! I get a cup of coffee in bed every morning to ease into the day while DH sorts kids. And lots of other things but mainly just wanted to say how lovely to previous posters and encourage others to keep them coming!

TheNaze73 Thu 19-Jan-17 09:50:40

Lovely post OP

Someone will inevitably say his niceness is controlling behaviour.... Blah, blah, blah grin

Sounds like one of the good guys

Gooseygoosey12345 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:14:39

jo my oh used to do this but now he gets up at 5, that's too early for coffee even for me lol. It's lovely to share nice stories in the midst of all the negativity smile

TheNaze haha he's obviously SUPER controlling wink it wouldn't surprise me if someone did say that though. He is a good guy, nobody's perfect but he's about as close as can be (I know, so soppy, v. out of character for me grin)

Happybunny19 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:17:29

Thanks for the lovely thread op, it gets pretty depressing on here at times so this is just what the doctor ordered.

My gorgeous dp has made most of my drinks for me for nearly 23 years, always supports me and sorts out things when I have a problem, I always know he has my back. During my last pregnancy I had terrible debilitating morning sickness, he worked full time, looked after our other two dcs and bought me whatever I felt able to eat, this went on for five months and he didn't complain once despite being exhausted. If I were single and found him on OLD I would think he was completely out of my league, so I consider myself very lucky.

StartledByHisFurryShorts Thu 19-Jan-17 10:49:52

Not in a relationship but I wanted to say I am enjoying reading these.

For some reason croon's hot water bottle story made me tear up a bit. It's just such a perfect example. Not flashy. Not Valentine's Day cliched. Just a lovely way for a partner to demonstrate that they care.

Gooseygoosey12345 Thu 19-Jan-17 11:17:10

Happybunny - exactly, just what the doctor ordered! smile love hearing these stories, it does get a bit depressing so I always think it helps to stop and take stock of how loved and lucky we all are

StripeyCover Thu 19-Jan-17 11:20:10

Just wow at the lovely stories! And a bit sad none of them have ever applied to me in any 'relationship' whatsoever! But it does make a change from the more difficult stories on Relationships. I was beginning to wonder if there were any decent men out there, seriously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now