Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Cheating?

(13 Posts)
pcons8 Wed 18-Jan-17 09:08:13

I have been with my boyfriend for over a year and last weekend i found out that he has been messaging another woman throughout our relationship on a weekly basis.
The message i read was calling her hunnie and sexy legs are enquiring how she slept. He sent this message after he made me get out of bed.
He states that they are only friends but i think there's more to it then that and have finished me relationship. am i being unreasonable?

Viviene12 Wed 18-Jan-17 09:13:16

No. You did the right thing. Cheating asshole!

Usermuser Wed 18-Jan-17 09:45:32

No. Who calls their friend 'sexy legs' when they've got a girlfriend? You completely did the right thing.

TheNaze73 Wed 18-Jan-17 09:51:23

You did the right thing. What he didn't, wasn't right

Patchouli666 Wed 18-Jan-17 09:56:26

Just the 'making you get out of bed' is bad enough. You are well rid

InfoFreako Wed 18-Jan-17 09:56:38

It sound like you did the right thing.

I hope you are ok.

Cheers.

pocketsaviour Wed 18-Jan-17 09:57:40

He made you get out of bed? That alone is worth dumping for!

Yes, of course he's been screwing her. I'm sorry OP.

ImperialBlether Wed 18-Jan-17 10:26:18

He's a pig. What's he making you get out of bed for? Is your home yours or joint?

pcons8 Wed 18-Jan-17 10:29:24

my home. he said it was so we could get up, but he didn't get up until after he messaged her.

ImperialBlether Wed 18-Jan-17 11:16:17

I'd get rid of him, OP. A year in and he's behaving like this? Time for him to go.

pcons8 Wed 18-Jan-17 11:24:38

thank you all, i was starting to feel i was in the wrong as he's been adamant that they were just friends and kept throwing the line 'so i cant have female friends' which i never have had a problem with.

Agatha44 Wed 18-Jan-17 11:29:22

In my experience (very recent experience) I would say it might lead on to something more than just texting. My ex did the same, texting at first then slept with her and now the are dating with a baby on the way.
I would nip this in the bud and have it out with him. Then as sad and as heart breakingly shit as it will be leave the relationship.

LesisMiserable Wed 18-Jan-17 13:06:41

I don't think he's slept with her, I think he's just using it as extra titilation. Completely wrong when he's in a relationship with you. You've caught him at it, he's tried to make you feel bad by turning it around. He's a dick who spends his time texting cheesy crap that would embarrass a 15 year old let alone a grown man, he's no loss if you bin him off now. If you don't he'll carry on because he's needs the attention of not just his partner but some randomer as well. Sad act.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now