Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need advice please

(6 Posts)
Tia2005 Tue 17-Jan-17 23:21:03

My boyfriend just called to tell me he don't love me we have been together for 3 years we have a 16month old and a 7 week old we don't live together basically he called to say he don't love me and not to call him I feel so confused and sad and tired

Tia2005 Tue 17-Jan-17 23:39:33

sad

Daisiesandgerberas Wed 18-Jan-17 03:31:19

He has responsibilities.

That is a fact.

Others will be along in the morning with clear advice but in the meantime, I'm afraid you can't make someone love/fancy/want you. I'm sorry.

Have you got any physical help? It's incredibly hard dealing with children on your own, you need some support.

languagelearner Wed 18-Jan-17 03:55:31

Why is he saying that all of a sudden? In the middle of the night, too. It seems unbalanced.

Btw, don't you both live together with your two children? How old is your boyfriend?

mirokarikovo Wed 18-Jan-17 04:24:05

It's sad that he's turned out to not be "the one" but it's better to be a single mum than to be shackled to the "wrong one". You can't make someone love you and you can't change their personality. Be strong - you are stronger than you think. Your ability to cope grows to match the size of the task ahead and you will be OK.

jeaux90 Wed 18-Jan-17 07:52:18

I am sorry you are in this situation. I too became a single mum when my dd was 1.

You are entitled to child support from him of course so make sure you get that.

Do you have family support etc?

Honestly being a single parent is way easier than trying to parent in a dysfunctional relationship. So focus on your kids and those friendships and family relationships that are nice and supportive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now