Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Romance..

(10 Posts)
Stripesandsprinkles Tue 17-Jan-17 14:28:08

Hey lovelies I need some ideas for romantic ideas for my partner! I recently for his birthday done a jar filled with 100 reasons why I love him but he's been having a bit of a hard time recently and I want to do something to surprise him xx

TheNaze73 Tue 17-Jan-17 14:32:10

Nice idea however, are you sure he'd like that? As a male, I think if find it a bit cringy. Don't mean to piss on your fireworks!
Actions probably speak louder than words, so a gesture he'd like, would probably have more impact.
Good luck smile

Nabootique Tue 17-Jan-17 14:33:12

Aww, you sound lovely!

Are you wanting to do something homemade again? What about a voucher book for a back rub, you cook his favourite meal, he gets a lie in and you get up with the kids (if you have them), etc.?

Nabootique Tue 17-Jan-17 14:33:44

Oh, I thought the OP was saying that she had already done that for his birthday.

Stripesandsprinkles Tue 17-Jan-17 14:40:41

Aww thank you x
Yeah I have already done the jar thing and he loved it actually he's your typical manly man in front of everyone else but with me he's actually a huge softy he shed a wee tear reading them but I was warned that stayed between us haha! And homemade or something a bit more ott totally open to ideas! Love the vouchers idea thank you xx

xStefx Tue 17-Jan-17 14:42:42

I wish I could help you but my partner is so easily pleased, fishing items! boilies and hooks.. bless him. Lovely idea you did for his birthday.

noego Thu 19-Jan-17 00:10:57

Write him an erotic story as you two as the characters.

LellyMcKelly Thu 19-Jan-17 00:22:44

Mine's very favourite gift is a steak and a BJ 😆

LellyMcKelly Thu 19-Jan-17 00:23:19

(Sorry, I've lowered the tone)

forforkssake Thu 19-Jan-17 12:46:36

i made my DH a "mixtape" (cd) of all the songs that meant something to us as a couple. he insists it is the best gift i have ever given him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now