Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Romance..

(10 Posts)
Stripesandsprinkles Tue 17-Jan-17 14:28:08

Hey lovelies I need some ideas for romantic ideas for my partner! I recently for his birthday done a jar filled with 100 reasons why I love him but he's been having a bit of a hard time recently and I want to do something to surprise him xx

TheNaze73 Tue 17-Jan-17 14:32:10

Nice idea however, are you sure he'd like that? As a male, I think if find it a bit cringy. Don't mean to piss on your fireworks!
Actions probably speak louder than words, so a gesture he'd like, would probably have more impact.
Good luck smile

Nabootique Tue 17-Jan-17 14:33:12

Aww, you sound lovely!

Are you wanting to do something homemade again? What about a voucher book for a back rub, you cook his favourite meal, he gets a lie in and you get up with the kids (if you have them), etc.?

Nabootique Tue 17-Jan-17 14:33:44

Oh, I thought the OP was saying that she had already done that for his birthday.

Stripesandsprinkles Tue 17-Jan-17 14:40:41

Aww thank you x
Yeah I have already done the jar thing and he loved it actually he's your typical manly man in front of everyone else but with me he's actually a huge softy he shed a wee tear reading them but I was warned that stayed between us haha! And homemade or something a bit more ott totally open to ideas! Love the vouchers idea thank you xx

xStefx Tue 17-Jan-17 14:42:42

I wish I could help you but my partner is so easily pleased, fishing items! boilies and hooks.. bless him. Lovely idea you did for his birthday.

noego Thu 19-Jan-17 00:10:57

Write him an erotic story as you two as the characters.

LellyMcKelly Thu 19-Jan-17 00:22:44

Mine's very favourite gift is a steak and a BJ 😆

LellyMcKelly Thu 19-Jan-17 00:23:19

(Sorry, I've lowered the tone)

forforkssake Thu 19-Jan-17 12:46:36

i made my DH a "mixtape" (cd) of all the songs that meant something to us as a couple. he insists it is the best gift i have ever given him

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: