Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

money for stay at home mums

(7 Posts)
Electricbugaloomom Fri 23-Feb-07 14:18:10

Can anyone help me - I'm just about to have my first baby and my husband and I both want me to be a full time mum. The only problem is before I gave up work I was only working intermittently (plus i'm really disorganised and haven't kept all of my pay slips). I'm not sure I qualify for SMP but if not what can I get?

WigWamBam Fri 23-Feb-07 14:21:06

I think you can claim incapacity benefit for a short time if you're not entitled to SMP - you certainly used to be able to.

Get in touch with your local benefit office and ask them.

Oati Fri 23-Feb-07 14:22:00

gov info here

Oati Fri 23-Feb-07 14:22:54

soeery try again here

Hulababy Fri 23-Feb-07 14:23:00

Depending on how many weeks you have worked you may be eligible for Maternity Allowance.

cjs76 Fri 23-Feb-07 14:28:21

try follow the mat pay bit

Electricbugaloomom Mon 26-Feb-07 21:33:43

Thanks chaps

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: