Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Thunderbolt or slow burner?

(4 Posts)
hopelesslyromantic Sun 15-Jan-17 18:39:34

So I have had 1 relationship that lasted most of my adult life. I loved this man from the start, couldn't get enough of him, couldn't bear to be apart etc. It didn't work out in the end though unfortunately.
Recently I have started seeing a lovely man, who is kind, considerate (and great in bed!) but I don't find myself head over heals as I did with my exh.
So my question is how did your relationships start out? We're you madly in love or did it grow into that?
The last thing I want to do is mess this guy about if I'm just not that into him but then again it's such early days and I'm not a love struck teenager anymore. I would love to hear how your relationships started to get some perspective!

Therootofallstuff Sun 15-Jan-17 18:47:52

Hi OP. Having had both, I'd go for the slow burner personally. Especially if the sex is good. smile

BumDNC Sun 15-Jan-17 19:22:07

I had a slow burner (6 dates before even kissing and a couple of months of texting) which has really turned very passionate and affectionate.

Angrybird123 Sun 15-Jan-17 20:55:01

Slow burner. Won't go into loads of detail but my biggest mistake of my life was leaving everything I had for someone so unbelievably magnetic and intoxicating that I couldn't believe it would ever be different. Of course over time it fades and eventually (after ten years and two kids) he left me for OW for whom apparently he has a connection with unlike ours ever was. hmm the very wonderful guy I am seeing now is great in bed and I get excited at the thought of seeing him but we are taking things slowly and allowing ourselves to build up a bond slowly. The thunderbolt is just physical chemistry - the best I ever ever had was with a guy who was actually a bit of a twat but physically, we couldn't not touch each other if we were alone together. I'd never have got in a relationship with him though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: