Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Thunderbolt or slow burner?

(4 Posts)
hopelesslyromantic Sun 15-Jan-17 18:39:34

So I have had 1 relationship that lasted most of my adult life. I loved this man from the start, couldn't get enough of him, couldn't bear to be apart etc. It didn't work out in the end though unfortunately.
Recently I have started seeing a lovely man, who is kind, considerate (and great in bed!) but I don't find myself head over heals as I did with my exh.
So my question is how did your relationships start out? We're you madly in love or did it grow into that?
The last thing I want to do is mess this guy about if I'm just not that into him but then again it's such early days and I'm not a love struck teenager anymore. I would love to hear how your relationships started to get some perspective!

Therootofallstuff Sun 15-Jan-17 18:47:52

Hi OP. Having had both, I'd go for the slow burner personally. Especially if the sex is good. smile

BumDNC Sun 15-Jan-17 19:22:07

I had a slow burner (6 dates before even kissing and a couple of months of texting) which has really turned very passionate and affectionate.

Angrybird123 Sun 15-Jan-17 20:55:01

Slow burner. Won't go into loads of detail but my biggest mistake of my life was leaving everything I had for someone so unbelievably magnetic and intoxicating that I couldn't believe it would ever be different. Of course over time it fades and eventually (after ten years and two kids) he left me for OW for whom apparently he has a connection with unlike ours ever was. hmm the very wonderful guy I am seeing now is great in bed and I get excited at the thought of seeing him but we are taking things slowly and allowing ourselves to build up a bond slowly. The thunderbolt is just physical chemistry - the best I ever ever had was with a guy who was actually a bit of a twat but physically, we couldn't not touch each other if we were alone together. I'd never have got in a relationship with him though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now