Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Bloody Snoring

(16 Posts)
ExpectoPatronummmm Sun 15-Jan-17 07:00:12

The title was going to be "how can I murder DH in his sleep and make it look like an accident" but I may have got reported.

My DH has always been a now and again snorer but I'm now on my 10th day in a row of no fucking sleep because of it. I try kicking him, pushing him, yelling "LIE ON YOIR SIDE" but he may as well be in a coma.

I tell him the next day and he either doesn't believe me or just says something unhelpful like "well there's nothing I can do!"

If doesn't help that I'm also 30 weeks pregnant and work full time and have two other kids.

Would I get better sleep in prison.....?

ameliameerkat Sun 15-Jan-17 12:54:07

Spare room for him??!

jeaux90 Sun 15-Jan-17 13:01:15

You tried the tempur pillow for him? John Lewis do a cheaper version. It literally saves my best mates marriage.

I'm a snorer too, I have one and I sleep a lot better because of it (apparently I just make the occasional noise like a baby elephant with its trunk tied now grin)

jaxxyj Sun 15-Jan-17 13:01:23

I am the scorer in our relationship. Tried everything my DP say combination of goodnight snore ring ( not the imitations) throat spray and not drinking to much is the best it gets. Also losing weight significantly makes a difference but that is long term goal. Hope that helps!

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sun 15-Jan-17 13:08:40

dh had a snore fest night before last...WITHOUT FAIL if i nudge him he will say

"i'm not asleep"

which makes me want to bludgeon him to death even more than the snoring.
He also snores in ALL positions...front, side or back angry
He did relocate to the sofa I think.no idea why he won't use the spare room mind you, but not my problem.

Mostly I can tune it out, but on occasions it is like he is deliberately waiting till I am just on the edge of dropping off and he makes a giant snore at the perfect irritating frequency and I am wide awake again...repeat until I am angry enough to chase him out of bed.

Polarbearflavour Sun 15-Jan-17 13:12:19

Have you tried snoring throat strips and nose spray from Boots?

fredabear Sun 15-Jan-17 13:13:25

Spare room
Ear plugs

NightTerrier Sun 15-Jan-17 16:28:50

I'm the one who snores and DH is a light sleeper. It's really selfish of him to refuse to sleep in the spare room. Why should it matter? I've tried all sorts and nothing works. I sometimes even wake my self up when the snoring gets really bad. blush

DH and I sleep apart during the week and sleep together at the weekend and holidays. It isn't ideal in some ways, but if I insisted on keeping him awake every night he'd probably end up smothering me with a pillow.

If he prefers to sleep on the sofa to the spare room fair enough, but it's unfair of him to keep you awake.

NightTerrier Sun 15-Jan-17 16:29:31

I didn't make that very clear. I meant it's selfish of your husband to refuse to go in the spare room.

everythingis Sun 15-Jan-17 17:19:27

Signing in! Explain about this pillow please!!

Polarbearflavour Sun 15-Jan-17 17:44:16

I used to snore very badly, went to the doctors and turns out it was asthma! Inhalers greatly reduced my snoring!

alabasterangel Sun 15-Jan-17 21:57:52

There is an app, snorelab I think. You plug your phone in near the offender and that's it. Through the night it records the noise and how often your sleep has been affected.

I did this. DH was amazed and finally finally apologetic. He's now under the care of a sleep clinic ( it's not sleep apnoea but they are still helping).

It'll demonstrate your suffering if nothing else!

DirtyDancing Sun 15-Jan-17 23:57:26

Buy the snore spray stuff and the tape that goes over the bridge is the nose. They work

Gooseygoosey12345 Fri 20-Jan-17 14:21:32

I feel your pain!! My OH was like a bloody jackhammer!! We just bought sleepeaze throat strips from boots. It's like a miracle! I'm recommending them to everyone! So many exclamation marks but they're bloody brilliant

everythingis Mon 23-Jan-17 15:04:13

I downloaded snorelab it's bloody hilarious ! Dp is well in to epic!! He was a bit sheepish

cedge Mon 23-Jan-17 15:21:20

Most snoring can be attributed to jaw position.

These work well:

www.amazon.co.uk/d/Health-Personal-Care/Grinding-Snoring-Devices-Prevent-Bruxism-Fitting-Bacterial/B01E642JLI/ref=pd_cp_121_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CWVKG3VD8EM2HVKCFSP2&tag=mumsnetforum-21

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now