Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What would you do?

(6 Posts)
alwayspickinguptoys Sat 14-Jan-17 20:42:45

What would you do?

Your 22, in a 3 year relationship and have 2 year old together.

Last year you split due to arguing over silly things and partner moved out for nearly 6 months in my/your eyes at the time and still now I think they weren't a reason to spilt and immediately I wanted to get back together and asked him to come back, he never, he said he wanted to see how things went as we were still bickering which was true.

Fast forward you get back together, partner moves back in, won't allow you the pin on his phone like he did before the split which isn't a huge issue but I did go on his phone behind his back as he did mine, never found anything though, I'm still ok with him knowing my password if he wanted to though.

I was on his phone the other day with his permission and my noisyiness just got the better off me and I clicked on blocked noticed while we were split he must of unblocked his ex, but he's blocked her again because it says the date of blocked. The ex lives miles and miles away so I can't really imagine him seeing her.

I brought it up and it's sort of been dropped now. But while we were split we were still seeing each other in a sense and I don't know if they have spoke or not.

I suppose what I'm asking is should I just drop this now and move on? Would you trust him? Does this sound like a whole lot of bother?

TokenGinger Sat 14-Jan-17 20:47:37

You were broken up. Drop it and move on.

something2say Sat 14-Jan-17 20:50:41

If you want him, move on. Take care of the relationship and don't let bickering ruin it.

Also, never ever go through his phone. If you don't trust him, leave him. And if you aren't sure, then make sure you carry on earning your own money, for you will be needing it soon.

And, so what if he spoke to his ex? Do you not speak to yours?

What I'd so in your position is move forward with him, and work to be a good partner. If you got back together, you clearly love one another, so try and do things that make it work, not which break it xxx

HeddaGarbled Sat 14-Jan-17 21:38:29

I don't think him unblocking and then reblocking his ex is a problem.

I do think him walking out on you and his very small child, you begging him to come back, him saying no and then eventually relenting 6 months later is worrying.

How confident are you that he won't go off on his wanders again next time you're having a rough patch or someone else catches his eye?

alwayspickinguptoys Sat 14-Jan-17 22:08:50

I do think you could be right Hedda, I feel like when we split I didn't see our silly bickering as a massive problem and looked at us together forever and when we split it was a shock really.

Then recently it was mentioned about him moving out again and I just thought really? Your willing to just throw our whole relationship away without even sitting down to try and talk through things, again due to pointless silly things I'd say not even a reason to spilt and do something to drastic. But again we spoke and decided to stay together before it got to that.

I just don't want to be with someone who is going to threaten to leave all the time or at sign of a shit time.

SandyY2K Sat 14-Jan-17 23:04:32

I don't think the terms of your split were well defined, but so I'd leave it TBH.

I couldn't be dealing with a man threatening to leave following every other disagreement. He sounds rather immature and you don't need his flakiness when you have a child together.

When you beg a man it shows weakness and desperation.

The one who cares the least has the most power.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now