Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Want to do something nice for him

(5 Posts)
JonSnowsWhore Sat 14-Jan-17 15:30:32

Hey, first post but long time lurker, I like you lot grin
Anyway, I've been with my partner coming up 2 1/2 years, I'm having a crap time of it lately, I have a neurological problem where the fluid around my brain & spine builds up too much so I have to have lumbar puncture a to relieve the pressure & the symptoms that go with it, I'm 19 weeks pregnant with our first baby together & STILL being sick, & ive pretty much felt nauseous non stop since 8 weeks. I think I'm starting to develop spd again (yay) & to add to it all I lost my aunt this week who I was very close to, so I'm a mess.
OH has been amazing, if I need to sleep he'll look after my 2 children from previous relationship, helps out with the school runs when he's off work, will tidy up, go shops etc, & for some reason he still loves me smile
I want to do something nice but (fairly) inexpensive for him, not just cooking because that's the one thing I do manage to do often so something a bit different, any ideas to show him he's been amazing?

wherearemymarbles Sat 14-Jan-17 18:52:01

Sorry to hear about your aunt. And good luck with the pregnancy!
LumbAr punctures must be vile!
Does he have hobbies that you could buy something for ? A. Sport he follows you could get tickets for?
Would he appreciate something like a nice pen or maybe new wallet, cufflinks if he had those kind of shirts? Pair of nice sun glasses? Anyway something that reminds you both of this time??

All depends on budget I guess.

JonSnowsWhore Sat 14-Jan-17 19:27:00

Thanks for your reply!
He's definitely not a cufflinks/wallet type man. He doesn't do any sports himself but he's an Arsenal fan, as much as it would pain me as I support their rivals, Tottenham, I could look for something special to do with them. & he would see it as more special because he knows about our rivalry grin
Kids are at their dads this weekend so he took me out for a meal today to cheer me up but just had to listen to me complain that I was stuffed because the baby is taking up my food room! Poor sod, is have left me by now haha

BigFatWhooo Sat 14-Jan-17 20:07:07

How about a photo book of your relationship, inexpensive but personal and lovely.

JonSnowsWhore Mon 16-Jan-17 10:48:02

Aww that's a lovely idea smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now