Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Don't know how to word this

(4 Posts)
ErnieAndBernie Fri 13-Jan-17 17:16:14

A friend of mine went back to her native country for the new year break. Unfortunately I have just heard she lost her mother very suddenly earlier this week. I want to send her a condolence message but I don't know what to say. I know I'd be devastated if it was me. If anyone can help me word something I'd be so grateful. She won't be back for another couple of weeks but I'd like her to know she's in my thoughts.

Noneedforasitter Fri 13-Jan-17 19:08:39

Keep it very short. What you have in your post is fine - you're very sorry that she has lost her mother and you are thinking of her. No else is required.

Noneedforasitter Fri 13-Jan-17 19:09:36

Obviously don't fail on typos! Nothing.

MakeItRain Fri 13-Jan-17 19:37:43

Yes I agree, just a short message saying you're sorry she lost her mum and you're thinking of her and sending your love.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now