Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

God I'm just an asshole

(20 Posts)
lollypophairball Fri 13-Jan-17 05:46:03

One week each month I hate my husband. I'm seriously planning to leave him. I can't bear him or anything he does. Then it comes sort of right and I can cope again. Am I alone?

BastardGoDarkly Fri 13-Jan-17 05:48:41

It's not pmt week is it?

Interestingangelfish Fri 13-Jan-17 06:17:36

This does not necessarily make you an asshole (in fact, it doesn't make you one at all). What does he do that makes you feel like this?

GizmoFrisby Fri 13-Jan-17 06:19:55

I feel like this maybe 2 weeks a month. If that makes you feel better grin

forumdonkey Fri 13-Jan-17 06:40:48

Sounds like PMT to me grin

lollypophairball Fri 13-Jan-17 07:26:50

It's totally pmt week. But the urge is so strong!

debbs77 Fri 13-Jan-17 07:31:05

Try progesterone cream or a progesterone only pill. Works wonders

AmeliaJack Fri 13-Jan-17 07:32:46

That sounds pretty unpleasant for you both. Go and see your GP and get some advice.

flumpybear Fri 13-Jan-17 07:43:44

Have you tried
The Mirena coil so you don't have periods?! I rarely have hormonal problems these days ... not that mine were bad more mixture of emotions

GreenRut Fri 13-Jan-17 07:46:44

Op I get this exact same thing - normally for 2 weeks a month. I have recently found something called PMS Comfort, which so far I feel is making a difference. Amazon sell it for about £20 and i've just reordered my second lot. Worth a try in my opinion.

Joysmum Fri 13-Jan-17 07:46:58

I can totally relate. No pill suited but when I got to 40 and had the mirena coil it was a revelation. No period and even temperament.

I know it's not for everyone but I wish I'd found it sooner. Plus now I'm mid 40's my older friends have reported going through the menopause without symptoms so I can only hope on that front too!

FudgeBiscuits Fri 13-Jan-17 07:47:18

I get that a few days a week... not PMT grin

Tenshidarkangel Fri 13-Jan-17 12:32:17

My friend is exactly the same. Her DP knows to batten down the hatches when the red lady visits.
I just cry a lot. ¬_¬

MysweetAudrina Fri 13-Jan-17 12:35:00

It sounds like you feel like shit and then transfer those feelings onto your DH so he feels like shit. You need to be mindful of how you feel on these weeks and make sure that you don't take it out on your dh.

Coil made me way worse I ended up feeling shit all of the time instead of just for a few days.

dudsville Fri 13-Jan-17 12:36:37

Complex b vitamins. They keep me balanced. Good luck to your oh!

InfoFreako Fri 13-Jan-17 12:44:22

'Hate' is a strong word.

I hope your DH doesn't feel the same about you 1 week each month!

Cheers.

WorldsSmallestPatio Fri 13-Jan-17 12:49:13

Where do you put the progesterone cream?

Is it up your chuff like Samantha did in sex in the city?

GreenRut Fri 13-Jan-17 13:01:10

mysweet I think the coil has made me worse actually / I'm on the copper one though so I'm not sure that makes sense but I'm definitely worse since I got it.

RandomMess Fri 13-Jan-17 13:08:15

Mirena Coil made be worse, I am slave to my hormones, this premenopausal phase is hell because my cycle is all over the place so I can't even try and control the physical let alone hormonal symptoms angry

Seriously I wish I could live in an annexe and spend time with my family when I am feeling human!

debbs77 Sat 14-Jan-17 10:44:57

Ha no the progesterone cream goes on your wrist

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now