Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Child Maintenance

(9 Posts)
Mum4Fergus Thu 12-Jan-17 20:22:19

Sorry, not Relationships per say but I know the traffic is better through here smile

Arrangement in place calculated via CMS but not collected by them, x pays directly to my ac. Was set up in Oct therefore due annual review in Oct...circumstances changing in that DS will have an extra night per week with his Dad. When I inform CMS will amount be amended immediately or at annual review?

JoMalones Thu 12-Jan-17 20:25:46

Immediately

JMKid Thu 12-Jan-17 20:36:26

Out of curiosity why does that happen immediately yet if their pay goes up that doesn't happen until annual review and it doesn't get back dated!!

Mum4Fergus Thu 12-Jan-17 20:42:24

That scenario is what has prompted my question...

redannie118 Thu 12-Jan-17 20:43:06

Hi I work for CMS- it only goes up immediately if salary changes by more or less than 25 percent, other than that it's just included in yearly reviews

Mum4Fergus Thu 12-Jan-17 20:51:09

Thanks RedAnnie-in terms of the decrease for additional nights, is that applied immediately? Or is it based on historic/future arrangements?

redannie118 Thu 12-Jan-17 20:57:03

That depends on the circumstances, do you know for certain your bandwidth has changed ( eg the amount of sc means you have moved up or down a bracket? What we're you before and what are you now? If the change is not happening until the future eg it will change next month,you don't need to make CMS aware until the arrangements have changed and are in place for at least 2 weeks

Mum4Fergus Thu 12-Jan-17 21:01:56

He currently has DS days only, no overnights...from Feb this will go to an average of 1 night per week.

redannie118 Thu 12-Jan-17 21:07:16

OK so if it is a constant one night per week then yes it will change. My advice would be to give it a little time to see if the changed " stick , so maybe the end of Feb? It's reasonable to state that when you do make CMS aware of the permanent change that the few weeks prior were a trial period, and now you are happy this will be permanent arrangement you are letting them know

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now