Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Still dream about my ex - 10 years on!

(5 Posts)
tenbygirl Thu 22-Feb-07 17:42:13

Is that normal? I have nice dreams about him, where we've got back together. Am married with kids so feel guilty, but can't help what I dream.

But when I think about him in the day my heart stops and I still feel crushed about us splitting up. I shouldn't still feel like this surely?

mamalocco Thu 22-Feb-07 17:59:40

Lots of people have a 'one that got away' in their past and sometimes pops up in a dream. So long as it doesn't affect your current relationship, I don't see the problem. I think after 10 years you start looking back through rose-tinted glasses. Its just abit of escapism from the day to day slog.

(Have one of these too, but don't tell dh! )

VeniVidiVickiQV Thu 22-Feb-07 18:00:39

totally normal.

manuka Thu 22-Feb-07 18:08:15

How bonkers! I am the same in that I dream about an ex also from 10 years ago even though I am with someone I love with exactly the same feeling no more no less and we have a baby. In the day I feel nothing for ex but in my dreams I feel its unfinnished business. I think its the same for you like there's still a tie thats not sattisfied or healed. Maybe your relationship was meant to complete some "karma" but you didn't manage to etc?? Obviously its not possible now but things need to be sorted. If I felt for ex in waking life I would visualise us in a huge bonfire to really get it gone. Worth a go??? Another good thing to do is write him a letter saying how you feel in minute detail then rip it up and burn it

DizzyDoris Thu 22-Feb-07 18:20:51

I have dreams regularly about a boy I went out with at school! HE was lovely and still is in my dreams.
Would die if I met him now! not a problrm dreaming about someone - you have no control over it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: