Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ex depressed

(5 Posts)
Charliepeace83 Wed 11-Jan-17 19:44:58

Hello,
I posted on the mental health thread and everyone was very kind with their advice.
My relationship has ended due to my boyfriend having severe depression and perhaps psychotic episodes. He never wants to see me again....the day before he loves me and was grateful for all my support. Today he blamed me for everything and I had ruined him.
I know I need to concentrate on myself however I'm hurt and worried for him. I did text to say good luck at the doctors but no response back. It's as if I mean nothing to him and I'm simply a stranger.
My question is has anyone else experienced this? I'm really trying to think logically.
Thank you x

GingerHollyandIvy Wed 11-Jan-17 19:47:50

Sorry, but I think you need to disengage at this point. He's your ex, not your partner. Does he have any family or friends that can support him?

Charliepeace83 Wed 11-Jan-17 19:52:24

We broke up yesterday so its still raw and I don't think he's in the right frame of mind. Naturally I'm confused and upset and still care for him.
I'm just wondering if anyone out there has been on the receiving end of a partner having depression? And what is the best way to handle it.
I'm not going to contact him again yet I feel worried for him

Thanks!

GingerHollyandIvy Wed 11-Jan-17 19:55:44

My ex had depression. I contacted his mother, explained the situation, and stepped out of the picture. My presence was only making it worse, and it meant an unnecessary amount of stress on me as well.

You could contact one of his family members or friends and let them know he needs support. But if he is saying he doesn't want to see you, that's about all you can do.

Charliepeace83 Wed 11-Jan-17 19:59:01

Yes, I'm thinking of letting his mum know but I don't want to cause more issues or be told I'm meddling.
I also don't want to worry his mum because he blames her as well.
Thank you for your advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now