Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

uuuuurgh got to go to spain

(15 Posts)
cheeryface Thu 22-Feb-07 15:09:23

and stay with dh mum and dad.

spain might be nice but the rest won't be pretty.

had a big barney with dh as he insists we stay with them even though they have a dog that ds2 is allergic to. it won't be in his room and everyone will be outside mostly he says....

besides i hate heat
will spain be hot at easter??

help me!!!!!!!!!

DetentionGrrrl Thu 22-Feb-07 15:10:54

1. why do you have to go?
2. Why is DH insisting on staying there when your child has an allergy?

cheeryface Thu 22-Feb-07 15:14:30

1. i have to go because the boys want to see their grandparents and i don't want him taking them without me!

2. he wants to stay there because it's cheaper and because he says thats what his parents bought the place for and because he's a bloody arse

DetentionGrrrl Thu 22-Feb-07 15:15:35

could they kennel the dog while you are there? would be cheaper than paying for a hotel and a bit kinder on your little one.

cheeryface Thu 22-Feb-07 16:10:32

no, they wouldn't do that. until a year ago they lived next door and they were forever letting him in the house, and i kept having to take him out again full of spots.
i think they think i am mollycoddling him.

they also smoke and they don't clean up too often....

HappyDaddy Thu 22-Feb-07 16:12:04

Make DH stay with them and pay for you and dc to have hotel.

cheeryface Thu 22-Feb-07 16:16:48

thats what i'd like to do happydaddy, i think his mum and dad would take the hump big time though
they reckon the dog is outside most of the time because of course it's warm there but it must sleep in the house

maybe i will just have to cause a ruckus

HappyDaddy Thu 22-Feb-07 16:20:21

So they think it's ok for you and dc to have hump and be spotty and miserable as long as they are happy? Great.

Personally, I'd threaten to stay at home with dcs.

cheeryface Thu 22-Feb-07 16:22:51

if the kids weren't so eager to visit their grandparents i would stay at home.
there are many many other places i would rather holiday in.
sitting around their pool is not my type of holiday.

Kelly1978 Thu 22-Feb-07 16:25:59

Oh I think youa re going to have to give an ultimatum, either you are staying home, or you are going to get a villa or hotel.

I shouldn't think it will be too hot by easter. Wish I was going, I've got to wait til August!

cheeryface Thu 22-Feb-07 16:40:22

o.k you can go, lets swap

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 22-Feb-07 18:44:57

Why exactly is your husband being such a twat about all this?. Is he as twattish in other areas of your life?. Your son has an allergy to dog hair. He is not being considered fully here by your husband.

Personally speaking only I would not stay there also because of their smoking.

Who is his primary loyalty to - you and his family unit or his parents?. Why can't he seemingly stand up to them?. His parents place may be free to stay in but its not cheerful is it?. It sounds like your DH is yet another victim of ostrich syndrome - i.e ignore problem and it will go away.

I would go to Spain and stay in a hotel away from them all.

The temp can still hit the high 70's, low 80s even at Easter.

Kelly1978 Thu 22-Feb-07 18:51:41

Ok, but you have to look after four kids, including the demon dts for a week, but then you get to go to chilly paris on a romantic break with dp.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

themoon66 Thu 22-Feb-07 23:06:40

Spain won't be that hot at Easter.... like a nice summer day here.

Wish I had in-laws somewhere nice like that, and they did say that's what they bought the place for... so you lot could all stay.

The drink is cheap. Get hammered each night and it won't seem so bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now